Trade In and Get Rewarded!
vwr0527's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jun 18, 2017 2:52 AM

Upgrade and Trade in - Did I get any benefit from trading in my old phone?

My old phone was a Galaxy S6, and I had paid 548 dollars on the installment plan, out of a total of 684 total financed. I then went and upgraded to a Galaxy S8+. They had me trade in my old phone at the AT&T store, so I no longer have the old phone. Did I just throw away 548 dollars for no reason? I looked at my bill and I'm on the hook for 849 dollars for the Galaxy S8+. Does the previous 548 dollars I paid count for nothing? Do I get any discount on this new financing plan, owing to the fact that I almost finished paying for the old phone?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.7K Messages

5 y前

Nope, no discount. Your trade in value was the remaining Next payments you did not have to make. You would have been better off paying off the phone and selling yourself. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 y前

Ah... wow. Well. As condolences to myself, I think the current market value for a used S6 is roughly in the region of the remaining balance that I didn't have to pay. So if I did pay off the remaining balance and sold it, I wouldn't have profited too much.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y前

What do you mean that I can not trade my phone in

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

5 y前

@Bubba1991xyz

Follow the thread bubba, no one was addressing you.  If you have a question, ask one.  

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.