Trade In and Get Rewarded!
igo's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, June 7th, 2014 7:07 PM

Upgrade and renew 2 year contract

My 2-year contranct has ended and i want to renew it. I also want to upgrade my smartphone to Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and 1 free phone, also i want to change from 700min to 550min how do i have to do all that?

Thank you in advance.

Former Employee

• 

636 Messages

10 years ago

If your contract(s) has ended, you're able to get a discount off of one phone/per line, in exchange for a new contract(s).

If you have have only one line, and it's out of contract, you can get the discount on the samsung galaxy note 3, or a phone like samsung galaxy s3 mini .

Galaxy note 3 no contract  ($724.99), 2 year contract pricing ($299.99)

Galaxy s3 mini no contract (249.99), 2 year contract pricing (0.99)

Some places like the website, offer further discounts, (the s3 mini is offered free at the time of this post)

Changing the family talk plan shouldn't be too tough. The website might still let you do it, or you can do it over the phone, or in a direct att store.

-Alex

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I was thinking doing everything through my account over internet, upgrade to new phone and renew my 2year family plan, but it seem i dont have that option?

Guru

• 

450 Messages

10 years ago

Hi igo, 

In most cases you should be able to do everything online. Sometimes major account changes (such as changing a rate plan) needs to be done in store or though Customer Care. Every account is different and can also varry based off any company discount you might have on your plan. 

You can visit any AT&T Company store and they would be able to assist you with your account. You can find your closest AT&T store by visiting Here

Hope this helps!

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

10 years ago

@igo wrote:

I was thinking doing everything through my account over internet, upgrade to new phone and renew my 2year family plan, but it seem i dont have that option?

In your first post you mentioned about trying to switch form the 700 minute plan to the 550 minute plan.  It is possible that since teh 550 minute plan is discontinued (as well as your current 700 Minute plan) that this is a part of the reason why you you are having issues with trying to perform your changes online.  You should still be able to make the changes you want, but you may not be able to do them online.

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

You should be able to do that. First, change your plan first by talking to customer service over the phone first. After you change the plan, then go ahead perform your upgrade. Also, keep in mind, the plan of 550 minutes is only allow of max line of 3 line. If you need to add more line in the future, then you will need to change your rate plan back to 700min in order to add up to 5 line.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.