Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
cg2112's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 28th, 2020 6:41 PM

Trade in

I have something weird going on.

I have an iPhone XS Max, and I'm eligible to trade in for a new phone.

However, the iPhone XS Max stopped functioning (got dropped - got the screen replaced, but won't connect to wifi or cell). I'm sending it to Apple to hopefully be repaired. Apparently, I did not get insurance (I always do, I don't know why I didn't in this case).

In the meantime, I've been using an iPhone 8 for some time now.

I got a notification that I'm eligible to trade in iPhone 8 for a newer iPhone, for $0 cost.

I went to my billing site, and it's definitely telling me that I can trade in my iPhone 8. I can't even find mention of my iPhone XS Max on the site, aside from my bill details.

I'm assuming that if I attempted to trade this phone in for a newer phone, I'd really just end up getting the return rejected, and billed for the upgrade. Is that accurate. Anyone run into this before?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

4 years ago

I have not.
But I think your instinct/assumption is a good one. The offer may have been based on you having the iPhone xs.max on your account.
When you get the xs max back, then you can proceed with trade in. As long as the replaced or repaired phone can pass inspection, it shouldn't be a problem.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.