Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
rolldog's profile
rolldog
#1 Star!
Supersonic 25!

Teacher

• 

51 Messages

Wed, Dec 23, 2020 6:36 PM

Trade In Status

How can I check the status on a trade in? I bought an iPhone 12 on November 18th and returned my device shortly after, but I can't find anywhere on the website where I can check the status of the trade in. I haven't received any emails telling me it's been received either, but I'm not sure if one is even sent.

poit57

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

2年前

You can check status at https://tradein.att.com/trade-in-status, but it has not been updated for mine since 8/26 when they first shipped my trade-in kit.  I have talked to the support team at 888-445-6005 three times since mid-November, but all they've been able to confirm is that USPS delivered my old phone to the warehouse on September 4th.

The first time, they told me it could take up to 3 months to process my trade in.  I've talked to them twice in December, and both times, I've been told they were putting in an escalation ticket with tier 2 and that I would be receiving an email update within 48 hours. I have not received any email response yet from those escalations.

(edited)

rolldog

Teacher

• 

51 Messages

2年前

Great....hopefully they process the trade-in before we pay the full amount of our new phones. As of right now, if they never give us our credit for our trade-in, there’s not much w can do about it. Since the phones were returned using their shipping labels, I can’t even provide evidence that the phone was received and signed for by someone at AT&T. I guess I’ll just have to hope they figure out this logistics nightmare.

Posts similar to this don’t help me from feeling helpless and not ever receiving credit for my trade-in:

https://forums.att.com/conversations/phone-device-upgrades/trade-in-status/5f444ca435f40c1becc348ba

And just when I think it couldn’t get any worse:

https://forums.att.com/conversations/phone-device-upgrades/trade-in-device-mailed-to-wrong-return-address/5f779f08c17a063b4b26a5ae

This seems to be a recurring issue as the package the new phone arrives in has a pre-printed return label included along with a separate box received shortly after. Unfortunately, I didn’t take a picture of the shipping label before sending it in because I felt confident that AT&T had everything setup correctly, and I wouldn’t need to follow up with them. Now I’m feeling a bit more concerned. I guess I should call the "Trade-in Group" everyone has discussed and posted the phone number of. After seeing all the posts of everyone else in the same exact situation, I have a feeling I’m going to have to put in a lot of time and effort to resolve this, and since time is money, every time I dedicate to resolving this, the less money I’ll be getting on my trade-in, if anything. This is a logical nightmare

(edited)

rolldog

Teacher

• 

51 Messages

2年前

poit57, whenever I click on the link you posted, it asks for my email address and confirmation number. Is the confirmation number the order number for my new phone? I don't think I received a confirmation number. If the confirmation number is something included in an email sent once my old phone is received, I haven't received one of those either.

• 

3 Messages

2年前

I am having the same problem too.  My son upgraded his phone and turned his trade in phone into the store at the time of purchase (Nov. 5th ) and no credit for the phone is shown on my account.  I had to mail my phone in, and again, no credit for the phone shows up on my bill.  But I am being charged the full amount of the phone on the monthly installment plan, even though I was roped in by them showing a much lower amount when I traded in my phone, upgraded my plan and signed up for the new phone.  Extremely misleading.  I have confirmed that AT&T did receive my trade in phone that I mailed in as well.  When I call in, they say it will eventually show up on my bill.  This is frustrating.

poit57

Mentor

• 

71 Messages

2年前

@rolldog I took a photo of the shipping label before I mailed my phone in.  I'm not at my computer where I have the image saved, so I don't remember if it is named something different on the label. It is a 14 digit number that the status page is asking for.

Edit: I didn't read your other post. It sounds like you mistakenly sent the trade it with the label that they included in case you decided to return your new phone.  The label I'm referring to came in a trade-in kit mailed about a week after my new phone.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

2年前

I did the same thing sent my tradein phone in the box the new one arrived in. Received the shipping envelope a week later. I have called for the third time, I am so dissappointed in AT&T. they keep sending me the same letter that their are escalating my trade in information. 

I went to Newgististics & could track it until January 16, nothing since. It was in Fort Worth Texas & should have gone to Tennessee.

Have any of you gotten your credits or am I out $350.00?

• 

3 Messages

2年前

I have not received my credit yet. 

rolldog

Teacher

• 

51 Messages

2年前

Me neither. If they would remove the shipping label from the box the new phone arrives in, send everything together in one box, or at the very least, include a letter with the new phone saying not to use this label because another one is on its way, that would have prevented all of this from happening. Whoever's idea this was regarding the logistics of the trade-ins should be fired.

• 

6 Messages

2年前

Same issue here! Has anyone received help yet? 

rolldog

Teacher

• 

51 Messages

2年前

No, I shipped my phone is on November 18, 2020, have spoken with them multiple times and emailed multiple times, but I still haven't received my $850 credit. This is similar to sending $1000 cash in the mail to pay a bill and the letter getting lost. I'm planning to call in again today and tell them to give me my credit before I pay more than what I owe on the installment plan.

• 

4 Messages

2年前

Let me know what you find out. I tried to get on a chat yesterday & waited over an hour before I hung up.

• 

3 Messages

2年前

I just called and spoke to a rep. Supposedly they have my trade in (I received email confirmation they received it 12/9. ) and that I will receive my credit in the 4th billing cycle and supposedly receive retro credit for the 3 months I made the full payment). We will see. For my sons phone- which is on my account-he upgraded a few weeks after me, he is now receiving a monthly credit for the trade in, but did not get retro payment for 1st month we paid in full. Also, my husband, who has a separate AT&T Account for his phone, traded in his phone three weeks after I did, received one bill and it already had the credit on it. The very first month. This doesn’t seem to be a very good rollout or application of this promotion.  

• 

4 Messages

2年前

thanks I am going to try & call. Glad you got a confirmation. 

rolldog

Teacher

• 

51 Messages

2年前

I spoke with someone today, and they apologized many times for this happening and told me they are no longer shipping a return label in the box with the new phone, when someone is trading in a phone. She gave me her name and her supervisor's name and phone numbers and assured me it will be completed within the next couple of days. After all the conversations I've had with people, I can tell by their voice that they're actually going to fix this very soon. Every other time I've talked with someone, I never felt like they actually game a s*#!. I don't know if they've finally realized that they made a huge mistake processing trade-ins this way or if I got lucky with the person who answered the phone, but I feel like this will be fixed very soon. I'll update you when it's been taken care of, if we all haven't died of old age by then.

Former Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2年前

@rolldog 

I'm planning to call in again today and tell them to give me my credit before I pay more than what I owe on the installment plan.

Your account must remain in good standing or you will not receive promo credits. 

Effective 1/18 new phones will no longer include a return label. 

(edited)

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.