Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Y

• 

1 Message

Wed, Oct 21, 2020 9:00 PM

Trade in Scam

I traded in 2 mint condition Note 8 phones, both were paid off. I took photos of the phones front and back and other pics showing the extra bubble wrap we purchased to wrap the phone's in, beforehand and placing in their cheap white mailer. The only reason we traded in our phones was for the $1,000 credit.  I received an email indicating the screen was cracked not working. I called today 8:47am was told would receive a call back within 48hrs regarding the one phone. Was told the other phone was good and credits would begin in 3 months. Not even 4 hours later received an email about the second phone stating the screen was cracked not working.  I just got off the phone again, demanding answers and was told its being escalated to tier 2.  I am filing a BBB complaint and calling the media. I will not pay AT&T and will take this matter as far as I need to. This is a poor excuse for business and I will tell everyone beware of the SCAM they are running.

Responses

• 

6 Messages

a month ago

hey guys this scam is for a long time already I have been trying for three months I got the offer for the iPhone xr I didn't take after i was offer the other for the Samsung 10 I didn't take, now they got me I spoke with Shannon at & T representative from AT & T on BJ'S fort Myers, she told me they have iPhone pro free if I switch to at & t plus I will get $250 gift card for the it plus I get unlimited everything including 5g for $150 for 5 lines, means I was supposed to get 5 free phones plus $1250 5 gift cards I told I was not sure because sounds to good she ask for my phones I have 3 s9, 1 xs and 1 s9 plus all unlocked and paid in perfect condition she reply yes all the phones qualify for the offer, she told I will all what she offer, my biggest mistake I acept and she start to get all my info on the iPad with at & T, after I paid $377 in front that was for the taxes of the free Iphones pro, my son told me he want the galaxy 20 plus I ask her and she said not problem i can get it but I have to paid $5 a month for it again I accept and I got 1 iPhone pro and 4 galaxy s20 plus supposed to be $ 5 extra for each  means $20 extra to the $150 for the 5 lines unlimited, still very good deal, the phones arrived next day, but I already see a bill for the full amount for the phones, in call Shannon and told her I did not like surprises later on, anyway start the problems they can not activated the phones take 5 days and to many calls just for be able to activated the phones lines ,after 5 days she told me I have to send my old phones in this way I will get my offer of the free phones, I did get the shipping labels from Shannon and ship the phones using ups service even paid $18.77 for boxes and bubble rap to send it, I check and ups told me the phones was delivery but at & T said was not there yet, after one week it appear on my computer that they received the phones but 3 of the phones was with broken screen and not working I start the nightmare calling almost every day trying to get info I have pictures that show all my phones was working screen in perfect condition I got the photos and send to Shannon to get the labels to be ship, is already tree billing cycles and still getting charged full amount for the phones, $40 for each month, I already file the complaint on BBB and trade communication, somebody need to stop this people to mess with people without problems, they call me and Told the BBB that they already fix the problem but anything was done my account still no reflect the credit for my old phones plus they are charging me the full price for the phones, my worst mistake I regret 100 %  change my provider I was happy with mobile never have any issue with then. maybe good idea to call the media.

r6baird

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

a month ago

Same here. Screen cracked not working on pristine phone. Packed in a box with extra bubble wrap. 

Don't forget the trade in company is HYLA MOBILE. And don't forget FCC for att.

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question