Trade In and Get Rewarded!
tmayo14's profile

1 Message

Tuesday, October 10th, 2023 6:56 PM

Trade In Promotion for Iphones - Horrible One Sided Process

I paid $88 to get to the Next Up timing to take advantage of the $800 trade in credit on an Iphone 13 Pro Max to  a  Pro Max 15 to compliment the already Pro Max 14 I carry for work purposes.  I just got the email that said my phone didn't pass the test and I would NOT receive promotion.  There were no pictures when I called to talk to Customer Retention.    I even left the screen cover and case on it after I completely reset the device, restarted it like a new iphone and tape wrapped it in bubble wrap and used the box the new phone came in with the label provided to ship back.   I have been a loyal customer with 5-6 phones and multiple upgrades all passing the test.  There is no recourse or advocate for the customer here.  This is inexcusable.  There should be a process that your local corporate ATT store can check your phone and give you the proper go ahead.  Otherwise, you are stuck paying the $1000 that no one pays for a new phone.

ACE - Sage

• 

116.1K Messages

5 months ago

I don't know what process you think you took part in but next up early upgrade does not allow you to get the full $800 trade-in deal on a new phone for a phone that you have not paid off to 100%  

FYI screen protectors and cases should never be left on. If the phone is damaged in the process of removing either one, your phone fails to pass inspection and you don't get whatever offer was offered to upgrade your phone.

Next Up:

Next up is a monthly fee which allows you to upgrade your phone without finishing payments as long as you have paid off 50%.   The phone has to be returned to AT&T. The phone should be in excellent condition and fully working. Factory reset. Powered off with iCloud removed.  Any alterations to the device like stickers or appliques invalidate the return.

AT&T's offer for the iPhone 15 pro was $500 credit over 36 months if you upgrade and trade in a qualifying phone on an unlimited data plan with a base price for one line of $75 or more before discounts.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.