Trade In and Get Rewarded!
gmink21's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, December 6th, 2014 3:00 AM

TRADE IN PROGRAM SCAM!!!! ATT STEALS PHONES!

I recently just realized I joined the many other ATT customers duped into the BOGUS trade in program at ATT. I have been a customer for over 10 years, never missed a payment and pay well over $100 a month, plus upgrades every two years. I saw the atttractive promotional offer to trade in my MINT CONDITION iphone 4s 32 gb phone for $200 and I took it, to save the hassle of selling it on my own, where I would have gotten close to the $200, if not all of it. I shipped off the phone and got the card back. When I activated it the balance was $38! I called in and after getting the runaround finally spoke with a woman who could care less about helping me and she told me there was a "small crack on the back of the phone" WHICH THERE WASNT!

I asked for my phone back, since I was promised $200 and she told me that she couldn't do that. When I asked for the $200 she told me she couldn't do that either. THIS IS CALLED STEALING!!!! If I did this to someone on the street I would be ARRESTED!!! This is how you treat loyal, well paying customers? By stealing their old phones that they paid over $800 TO YOU to buy?!?!? This is simply maddening. I don't get it. Don't they make enough money overcharging for their services?

DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID!!! BETTER YET, DONT DO BUISNESS WITH A COMPANY THAT FEELS THE NEED TO STEAL FROM THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!!

Scholar

• 

323 Messages

9 years ago

Just do an in store trade. Simple

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

Did you ever get any type of resolution?

Att did the same to me! 

38 dollars not 200 claiming the screen was broken for an iphone 4s 16gb

ATT STEALS PHONES!!

Teacher

• 

25 Messages

9 years ago

had I known that was an option I would have

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

This program is outright stealing and fraud. I had a perfect Iphone5 that spent its
entire life in an Otterbox. Att has the terms written with a license to steal. I was supposed to get $200 and got $100. The way the terms are written ATT does not have to return your phone and can pay anything they want after receiving phone. Third party vendor said I should have gotten $200 and said ATT is doing this to 100's of people. 

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

9 years ago

It is sad when a multi-billion dollar company feels the need to nickle and dime the customer.  In your case promise 200 and deliver 20% of their promise.  The goal is to get customers and then treat them like this for the 2 years.  It is not surprising that cell companies are about as reputable as politicians and used car salesman.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

You actually should have done a little more research on this. You could have gone through Craigslist, eBay, or Gazelle and gotten more than 200 for the phone. Even though it seems they scammed you, I highly doubt it. The people that decide whether the device is in good condition or not are regular people that happen to work for Att and I promise you that nobody wants to not give you that 200 bucks. They want you to be happy because that is how they make money is to provide the best service possible. Also a rep should have looked at it in a store before you decided to make the decision that your phone was in mint condition. They could have done the exchange right then and there.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

I got $18...then the run around on the phone. Completely frustrating.

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

9 years ago

I agree. 

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

9 years ago

I was right and ATT apologized for their mistake with the paperwork. I was told I would receive my new $200 card by Jan12, if not I should contact them. I did not receive card so I contacted them and once again I get the run around from some goof. After threatening to cancel, I was told the card would be in the mail. No card yet. I am pretty sure this is a well crafted plan for ATT to steal money from their customers or they some of the most incompetent goofs in the world working for them in customer service. The next call I make I am canceling, no more lies from customer support. So if somebody from ATT sees this please step up to plate and resolve this issue. It has been going on 3 months now.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Just got my two trade in cards. I had two mint condition Galaxy S5 phones. I could have sold them to Gazelle for $80 each! I got $30 for one phone and $5.40 for the other. There was absolutely nothing wrong with them phones. ATT, I have been with you f*ckers back before when it was Singular Cellular. When my contract is up I'm leaving, you miserable pieces of SH*T! ATT are thieves!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.