The phone that makes your everyday epic. Buy the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G now!
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Yugi006's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Oct 15, 2015 8:43 AM

Trade in phones apparently lost in mail

I recently upgraded two phones on my account. I received both phone but after following the trade in return instructions and dropping both packages to the post office two weeks ago, I have yet to receive a conformation email stated the phone were received.
Instead I get a text msg that they are still waiting for the returns or I will be charged for the remaining balance owed on both phones.
I called and spoke to a rep that told me there is no way of tracking the phones and they can't prove I even sent the phones to be returned. I failed to get a conformation via post office for my personal tracking ( At&t issued a free return label for shipment), however I was given in the box with my new phones a return label to apply to the boxes I mail my return phones. I have never had an issue with any other company returning and product in the same manner I returned these phones. Yet some how my packages just disappeared. I need some help in locating my returned phones because I refuse to pay approx 300$ for two phones I returned that magically disappeared. The trade in service is a great idea but is useless if there's no way to confirm delivery. Even if I had a conformation number the fact still remains I never received notice of these packages returning to destination in over TWO WEEKS. SoMeone please help me?!?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

3 y ago

This is better. I took 5 phones into an ATT Store and they lost the phones. I've talked to Customer Service and they can't help me. No one is willing to do anything. Now I've been sent to collection. They've reported me to the Credit Bureaus. No one at ATT is willing to help. I talked to someone last week who would research this and haven't heard from them since. They just expect me to pay $2400 but I refuse. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3 y ago

Joescan54, I am in the EXACT same position except I had sent my phones in with their paid label and it never has been scanned so it looks like i didnt return them, when I handed them to the postal worker at my post office directly.  Ive spoken with the office of the president who said they can do nothing.  The BBB closed my case saying ATT was in the right.  Where are you at with this now, I REFUSE to pay $2400

ACE - Sage

• 

91.9K Messages

3 y ago

@toadstoolpond wrote:

Joescan54, I am in the EXACT same position except I had sent my phones in with their paid label and it never has been scanned so it looks like i didnt return them, when I handed them to the postal worker at my post office directly.  Ive spoken with the office of the president who said they can do nothing.  The BBB closed my case saying ATT was in the right.  Where are you at with this now, I REFUSE to pay $2400

Thats really horrible.  Unfortunately, your only proof you didn’t keep the phones and sell them is them being scanned in at the post office.  Until you ship a package with proof, you are the shipper and responsible for the phones or the cost of them.  

We’re the situation reversed, and someone shipped you something that never arrived, the merchant is responsible, not you.  It stinks, but it’s true, you’re responsible and AT&T is in the right.

I gotta warn you, AT&T is going to more than ding your credit over this, and a bad debt from cellular or utilities is weighted heavier than a bankruptcy by loan company and landlords.  

If you have the tracking number, put in a lost package claim with the USPS.  I have zero hope if it wasn’t scanned in.  You should also have the IMEI blacklisted as lost or stolen.  

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

Hi my name is kaniah manuel and I'm going through the same thing im so frustrated at this point...

After reading these post I was wondering if everybody on this page would like to start a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) if so you can reach me via email [email scrubbed] a Thank You 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

Did anyone buy insurance for their phone return through USPS? i'm scared to send my phone back now

• 

1 Message

1 y ago

I am facing the same problem, I have made the trade order on November 6, 2020, received my new iPhone 12 mini on November 9, 2020. I have sent my old iPhone 8plus on November 13, 2020, with the return label which came with the new phone. The actual return label came several days later from receiving the new phone. I have been calling customer care for 2 weeks now and they don't have an answer. I never expected to have such a poor problem resolution process by a company like AT&T. It is so disappointing to see how so many customer packages are disappearing. Can someone please help with this issue? 

(edited)

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.