Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Yugi006's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, October 15th, 2015 8:43 AM

Trade in phones apparently lost in mail

I recently upgraded two phones on my account. I received both phone but after following the trade in return instructions and dropping both packages to the post office two weeks ago, I have yet to receive a conformation email stated the phone were received.
Instead I get a text msg that they are still waiting for the returns or I will be charged for the remaining balance owed on both phones.
I called and spoke to a rep that told me there is no way of tracking the phones and they can't prove I even sent the phones to be returned. I failed to get a conformation via post office for my personal tracking ( At&t issued a free return label for shipment), however I was given in the box with my new phones a return label to apply to the boxes I mail my return phones. I have never had an issue with any other company returning and product in the same manner I returned these phones. Yet some how my packages just disappeared. I need some help in locating my returned phones because I refuse to pay approx 300$ for two phones I returned that magically disappeared. The trade in service is a great idea but is useless if there's no way to confirm delivery. Even if I had a conformation number the fact still remains I never received notice of these packages returning to destination in over TWO WEEKS. SoMeone please help me?!?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I've had a similar issue in that both my wife and I upgraded our iPhones in June.  We returned the phones separately in the packages provided along with the AT&T provided shipping labels.  My wife's phone was received 9 days later, however, mine appears to have been lost.  I've made several calls to AT&T customer service to no avail, never getting the same answer twice.  I've been told to go back to Best Buy as well as the AT&T store, both of whom direct me back to AT&T customer service.  Two months later and I'm now being billed over $900 for a phone that was never worth that much new, let alone after a year's worth of monthly payments. Unfortunately, after 2 months I no longer have the tracking number, the USPS is unable to help and I don't feel that I should be paying for a phone that I have returned.  I have given the RMA # and IMEI # to AT&T on several occasions to no avail.  Is there someone at AT&T that can truly help me instead of running me in circles and telling me that I'm outta luck?  We've been with AT&T for almost 20 years with multiple services, but I'm beginning to reconsider staying.  Please help!

Thanks.

ACE - Sage

• 

107.5K Messages

6 years ago

@Milhouse6 wrote:

I've had a similar issue in that both my wife and I upgraded our iPhones in June.  We returned the phones separately in the packages provided along with the AT&T provided shipping labels.  My wife's phone was received 9 days later, however, mine appears to have been lost.  I've made several calls to AT&T customer service to no avail, never getting the same answer twice.  I've been told to go back to Best Buy as well as the AT&T store, both of whom direct me back to AT&T customer service.  Two months later and I'm now being billed over $900 for a phone that was never worth that much new, let alone after a year's worth of monthly payments. Unfortunately, after 2 months I no longer have the tracking number, the USPS is unable to help and I don't feel that I should be paying for a phone that I have returned.  I have given the RMA # and IMEI # to AT&T on several occasions to no avail.  Is there someone at AT&T that can truly help me instead of running me in circles and telling me that I'm outta luck?  We've been with AT&T for almost 20 years with multiple services, but I'm beginning to reconsider staying.  Please help!

Thanks.

I still have counter receipt and tracking for a phone I mailed in March.  Yeah, it was received, but I don't trust USPS or anyone else.   That little slip is vital.   This being a community forum, we have no power to help.   All I can tell you is you needed documentation to prove you sent in the phone and tracking to find it.  

As for the charge back, it cannot be $900 on the old phone.  If you made half the payments on the phone you would be billed the remainder of payments.  Unless they are billing you for the full amount of the new phone, which is easily that much.  Read the bill to see which phone you are being charged for.   

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I am in the same predicament. I sent a new iPhone 7 to At&T and they say
Never received it. You call the numbers they ask you to call they have rude representatives
Who do not know what they are doing. Very brave hang phones on
You and transfer you without any explanation. This is the first company I have used
Their return label that never received a package. I think it is a scam.
They generated the labels themselves. I am not done I am reporting this to better business bureau
And still going to follow with At&T. I went a million times to the store and they refused to take the phone but insisted I mail it.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I felt like I was the only one. Oh man. I have pages and pages of emails, texts, phone call transcriptions, recordings of in-store visits etc.. and STILL no credit given. I mailed in my 6+, and they "never received it". I have fought with them for a year now. As a 2 decade customer, I really felt like I would have gotten this resolved. Nope. In fact, I have 4 different levels of managers and directors promising a resolution, and then nothing. I am just sick every single month when I pay that ridiculous upcharge for my "free" 7+. The 6+ was mine out right. I have never leased a phone. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

It has to be the mail carrier. We all followed the exact same process and the X factor is the second person in the chain or custody. They know what’s in those boxes when they see them. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same boat right now. I've been trying to track this package down without a tracking number for days now. I have until Feb 4th, and I suppose it could be sitting in a warehouse right now. But I've gotten two texts from AT&T saying they have not received. Shipped on December 26th, and it's now Jan 16th with no sign of them receiving.  I called the local USPS store trying to obtain a tracking number, but since it was a pre-paid shipping label (from Best Buy) they won't have a transaction stamp to look up. Also they were rude so that didn't help.  My last ditch effort will be going to best buy and hoping they started saving these pre-paid labels. Then the very last thing I have is just sit and wait to see if it miraculously arrives.  But I'm wasting more time trying to track this down than anything right now. As a long-time customer this is frustrating. At the very least I wish they would also email me a copy of the pre-paid label. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Have a representative place a lost in transit trace on your device. It took months to have my issue resolved, the only thing that needed be was that trace being placed on the item and proof that the phone wasn’t used after you took your SIM card out.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Purchased a iphone x from the ATT store, traded in an iPhone 7plus. Once new phone arrived at the store, I went in and shut old phone down, removed SIM and placed in box. Store would not ship box for me so I immediately took it 2 miles away to the USPS store (with their label and box). 15 days later I received a text for phone not received..... Tracked and documented every move of the box. Delivered to private carrier and signed for at a ATT facility in Texas. Mind you this has changed hands at least 6 times since drop off.

Long story short after 45 days I am still dealing with this. Filed a claim # and ATT had the audacity to claim that they had not lost the phone and the phone in the box wasn't even an iPhone?  Believe it or not this happened during my last trade in process for the iPhone 6 plus.... The store was nice enough to adjust the transaction as a free trade in and split the charges after that 60 day dispute.

DO NOT trade in phones with ATT!! Business customer for almost 10 years and I plan to switch once this is resolved.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 4.34.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-09 at 4.38.48 PM.png

ACE - Sage

• 

107.5K Messages

5 years ago

@lesliec1  You posted on 3 threads, all a bit different in topic; trade in return, warranty return, and lost in the mail.

Unless you mailed 3 phones, each with these different issues, you have one, but cannot have all 3 problems.   Don’t know which of these actually is your problem, so I covered them all. 

Some things I spotted;

1.  Apple warranty is ONLY with Apple.  Carriers do not accept warranty exchanges on iPhones as Apple does not allow it.  If you had a warranty claim on iPhone, you should have contacted Apple directly.  Water or physical damage is not covered and you would be billed if either is present.

2.   If you are trading in a phone it must be in excellent and working condition.  If it “won’t even come on” then that is NON- working and cannot be traded, it’s worth $0.  

3.   Warranty is for defects by the manufacturer.  If a phone is damaged, you get billed if you sent to warranty.

4.  If you send in a phone, save tracking and consider insurance.  A lost phone with no proof you mailed it is worth $0.  It’s on the shipper (you) to make every effort to CYA (cover your you-know-what) 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.