Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Yugi006's profile

Tutor

• 

1 Message

Thu, Oct 15, 2015 8:43 AM

Trade in phones apparently lost in mail

I recently upgraded two phones on my account. I received both phone but after following the trade in return instructions and dropping both packages to the post office two weeks ago, I have yet to receive a conformation email stated the phone were received.
Instead I get a text msg that they are still waiting for the returns or I will be charged for the remaining balance owed on both phones.
I called and spoke to a rep that told me there is no way of tracking the phones and they can't prove I even sent the phones to be returned. I failed to get a conformation via post office for my personal tracking ( At&t issued a free return label for shipment), however I was given in the box with my new phones a return label to apply to the boxes I mail my return phones. I have never had an issue with any other company returning and product in the same manner I returned these phones. Yet some how my packages just disappeared. I need some help in locating my returned phones because I refuse to pay approx 300$ for two phones I returned that magically disappeared. The trade in service is a great idea but is useless if there's no way to confirm delivery. Even if I had a conformation number the fact still remains I never received notice of these packages returning to destination in over TWO WEEKS. SoMeone please help me?!?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 y前

Same boat right now. I've been trying to track this package down without a tracking number for days now. I have until Feb 4th, and I suppose it could be sitting in a warehouse right now. But I've gotten two texts from AT&T saying they have not received. Shipped on December 26th, and it's now Jan 16th with no sign of them receiving.  I called the local USPS store trying to obtain a tracking number, but since it was a pre-paid shipping label (from Best Buy) they won't have a transaction stamp to look up. Also they were rude so that didn't help.  My last ditch effort will be going to best buy and hoping they started saving these pre-paid labels. Then the very last thing I have is just sit and wait to see if it miraculously arrives.  But I'm wasting more time trying to track this down than anything right now. As a long-time customer this is frustrating. At the very least I wish they would also email me a copy of the pre-paid label. 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

5 y前

Have a representative place a lost in transit trace on your device. It took months to have my issue resolved, the only thing that needed be was that trace being placed on the item and proof that the phone wasn’t used after you took your SIM card out.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y前

Purchased a iphone x from the ATT store, traded in an iPhone 7plus. Once new phone arrived at the store, I went in and shut old phone down, removed SIM and placed in box. Store would not ship box for me so I immediately took it 2 miles away to the USPS store (with their label and box). 15 days later I received a text for phone not received..... Tracked and documented every move of the box. Delivered to private carrier and signed for at a ATT facility in Texas. Mind you this has changed hands at least 6 times since drop off.

Long story short after 45 days I am still dealing with this. Filed a claim # and ATT had the audacity to claim that they had not lost the phone and the phone in the box wasn't even an iPhone?  Believe it or not this happened during my last trade in process for the iPhone 6 plus.... The store was nice enough to adjust the transaction as a free trade in and split the charges after that 60 day dispute.

DO NOT trade in phones with ATT!! Business customer for almost 10 years and I plan to switch once this is resolved.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

5 y前

Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 4.34.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-09 at 4.38.48 PM.png

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

4 y前

@lesliec1  You posted on 3 threads, all a bit different in topic; trade in return, warranty return, and lost in the mail.

Unless you mailed 3 phones, each with these different issues, you have one, but cannot have all 3 problems.   Don’t know which of these actually is your problem, so I covered them all. 

Some things I spotted;

1.  Apple warranty is ONLY with Apple.  Carriers do not accept warranty exchanges on iPhones as Apple does not allow it.  If you had a warranty claim on iPhone, you should have contacted Apple directly.  Water or physical damage is not covered and you would be billed if either is present.

2.   If you are trading in a phone it must be in excellent and working condition.  If it “won’t even come on” then that is NON- working and cannot be traded, it’s worth $0.  

3.   Warranty is for defects by the manufacturer.  If a phone is damaged, you get billed if you sent to warranty.

4.  If you send in a phone, save tracking and consider insurance.  A lost phone with no proof you mailed it is worth $0.  It’s on the shipper (you) to make every effort to CYA (cover your you-know-what) 

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

4 y前

This is absolutely disgusting that long time AT&T customers are getting screwed. AT&T built this process. The process isnt working. AT7T jhust told me to go file an insurance claim with the post office. I do this just to find out AT&T never insured the phone. Funny how they push us to buy the cell phone insurance yet they dont even practice what they preach. Im writing a letter to the Attorney General in my state. There is serious fraud here and I am not paying. PS - This is the second time this has happened to me. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y前

Happened to me twice as well. Second time they lost the phone and then found it but the phone wasn't an iPhone... Unbelievable scam and its continuing to haunt more and more users. In the process of switching to Verizon after being a AT&T business customer for over 11 years. Cant wait!

Good luck.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

4 y前

Amazing how there are over a dozen issues in this thread and AT&T hasn't responded since 2015???

ATTMobilityCare
Community Support
Re: Trade in phones apparently lost in mail

Hello @Yugi006

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been unable to track these device; I’d be glad to look into this further for you.

Did you possibly copy the Newgistics tracking number printed on your return shipping label?

Please send me a private message including

• Your name
  • Wireless numbers that were upgraded
  • Best time to reach you

We will contact you within 2 business days.

Thanks,

Michelle

AT&T Customer Care

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y前

I am also running into this issue.  I sent my iphone 7 plus in December, and it got returned back since it had find my iphone on.  Turned it off and resend the package, and nnow it has dissapeared.  ATT has extended my return but, it still hasnt shown up in my account and its already been 2 months since i sent it out.  They said i shouldhve had the tracking number, but it is a tracking label that they provided so they should have the tracking number on them.

Not sure why this is so difficult.  Never sending in a phone again.  I am still waiting and there has not been a account change since January.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

4 y前

@rodchan wrote:

They said i shouldhve had the tracking number, but it is a tracking label that they provided so they should have the tracking number on them.

A receipt is even better than the number, the piece of paper shows you actually mailed something

Not so much with a tracking number, it just implies it was returned (to be clear, to me it is proof).

But if it's lost before it gets in the system, that's where the receipt comes in, the tracking number does you no good if it's not entered.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y前

But what if you dropped your package in the mailbox/outgoing mail in your office?  You cant receive a receipt from there.  ATT should have a record of the tracking number on file.  I highly doubt that they dont have a way to find this information out.

Its a scam and I have to call ATT again to dispute late charges for something I know i sent in.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

4 y前

@rodchan wrote:

But what if you dropped your package in the mailbox/outgoing mail in your office?  You cant receive a receipt from there.  

I wouldn't do that with a valuable package. What if it doesn't make it to the destination?!?

ATT should have a record of the tracking number on file.  

So should you!

This is why you get receipts when you send valuable things, to protect yourself. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 y前

Wow this is crazy the same thing happened to me in December of 2017. I have been fighting with the store for 7 months and the manager claimed that my items were returned and AT&T has no record of the return even being mailed out. I have paid over $500  to T-Mobile for phones and a watch that is in the wind. I'm over dealing with the manager of this store. He says I got him in trouble when he called me on the phone. Then he claimed he would credit my account $100 a month and that has not happened either. What else can I do?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

4 y前

Val

I also tried to return my iPhone to two AT&T stores, they would not take it. I took my iPhone 8 plus to the post office and mailed it. After about a week and a half I received a package by delivery. Inside the package was a very old, raggedy Verizon LG phone, and a note from AT&T. The phone had to be stolen from the box between the post office and the final destination which is Texas. AT&T did receive the box that I mailed the iPhone in, but the phone they received was an old Verizon phone. I have been a valued customer of AT&T for over twenty years. I have paid cash for every iPhone since the first one was invented. I joined the plan last year ,so this is my first trade in. AT&T gave me a case number. From what I read so far it looks like I will have to pay the balance anyway. I think next year AT&T should let their stores accept trade in phones. If they don't there is going to be a ring of thieves making easy money. After all they just have to look at the address, and the shape of the box, and the time of year to know it's iPhone stealing time.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

4 y前

The store too mine and the company had no knowledge of it at all and I was stuck paying over $600 to my old company.
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.