Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
ThePhoenix429's profile

3 Messages

Tuesday, December 5th, 2023 5:30 PM

Trade in Nightmare

I've had a horrendous experience trying to get a return label to send back my old phone. Repeated calls, 30 min each. Telling me to wait 7-10 business days. Still no label. Automated service for label doesn't work

It seems like a scam to run the clock out on returning old phone. 

I'm beyond frustrated. I STILL have no label. 

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

6 months ago

Go online and request the label yourself. 

https://tradein.att.com/how-it-works 

3 Messages

6 months ago

I'm pretty sure I stated that was already attempted through the automated service. 

Again, it shouldn't be this difficult or require duplicate, triplicate efforts. 

5 Messages

6 months ago

I've been waiting for a label, too. I think I have ten days left!

5 Messages

6 months ago

It IS a scam. I have been told I have to start the trade request process over. And my iPhone 13 isn't even on the list of those eligible, probably because it is too new and worth more than AT&T is willing to pay. All of this was supposed to have been taken care of at the Fred Meyer when I spent more than a half hour with two con artists arranging my switch from Verizon to AT&T. They took the information from my old phone and said I would receive the new phone and a label (separately). When I called AT&T custimer support, they said there was no record of the trade request in their system. Ridiculous!

Former Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

6 months ago

So go back to the place of purchase. Reps working at Fred Meyer are not AT&T employees.

5 Messages

6 months ago

That was the place of purchase, and they sure as (Edited per community guidelines) acted as representatives of AT&T. 

(edited)

Former Employee

• 

2.7K Messages

6 months ago

That is why I said go back to the place of purchase. All requirements of the promotion are posted online to read. You have 14 days to return your device and cancel service and not have to pay for the phone. Read what you signed. 

5 Messages

6 months ago

I believe that's what I will do. Thanks!

5 Messages

6 months ago

But I'm guessing I'd best migrate everything back to the Verizon phone first, as I wiped it for trade in.

3 Messages

6 months ago

I called again 12/6, spent another 35 min and was told we need to cancel the first trade in and redo the process. I lost it at that point and hung up. 

Tried again 2 days later. Spent another 30+ min and was told I will definitely receive a label via email in a few hours. 21 hours later. No label.

Called again today. Re-did the process AGAIN. Finally received a label. Another 30+ min call. 

The email, has a link to the label PAGE. That page requires a confirmation number ( from the label email) and your phone number.  THEN you get to the pdf of your label to download and print.

If you try to screenshot, as the service representative may suggest  save as pdf. Otherwise printing the image will kill your ink. 

I started this process 11/18. It is now 12/8  and took 5 seperate thirty min phone calls. 

Let's hope there's no drama with shipping and receipt confirmation. It's the holidays as well so volume is likely high. 

I'm still very frustrated and disgusted with the loss of time and my patience. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.