Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
T

• 

6 Messages

Sun, Oct 18, 2020 10:18 PM

Trade in for Iphone 12

Hi there. I got a question about trade in for an iphone 12 to get the $800 credit. Does the trade in phone need to be on my account or associated with my trade in phone number? Or I can use any phone from any carrier as long it’s iphone 8 and newer or samsung galaxy s9 newer? For instance, can I use my brother’s unlocked Tmobile samsung galaxy s9 to trade in? Thanks. 

Responses

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

I have the same question - can someone from ATT please clarify? Thanks.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.3K Messages

a month ago

No, the trade in does not need to be associated with your account or number. As long as it is one of the trade in eligible phones and worth the required minimum is all that matters. So yes, you can trade in your brother’s s9.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

Thanks sandblaster! One quick follow up...on the online AT&T trade in page there is a field for "Customer's Mobile number" - what information would go in there if the phone is just one that was lying around that I got from a family member?  Thanks. 

Get started...

Ask a new question