For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
naps627's profile

• 

7 Messages

Monday, April 3rd, 2023 1:32 PM

Trade in devices stolen by att

Both of my trade in devices were stolen by ATT replaced with flip phones on trade in. Att has been running me in circles for months now. They didn’t even tell me they marked as recycled. Now I keep getting transferred and told I can not be helped. So two 1,000 credits. People stop using att trade in and go directly to the store for immediate credits. This should be a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) because this has been going on for years. This is the 2nd time this happened to me. 

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I have filed an FCC complaint

if this has happened to anyone else I encourage you to file

ATT will continue to steal your phones and not credit you. Knowing that going in circles is just to frustrate you. 

• 

16 Messages

1 year ago

I agree that going to the store is the best method, it still isn't instant. I do hope that you are able to resolve this one way or another. 

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Oh wow...this happened to me as well. I got emails saying my trade-in was complete and I even got the first month of trade-in credit. It showed on my account page as well. (and I printed everything) Then, I noticed my bill was higher and discovered the credit had disappeared. They didn't notify me or anything. When I called they informed me that what was in the box I sent them was actually a Motorola flip phone and not my iPhone 11. What the (Edited per community guidelines)? I've spent many hours on the phone trying to get this rectified. They even asked me to go to a local store with the documentation showing 'trade-in complete'. I've gotten nowhere! How the (Edited per community guidelines) am I supposed to prove that I actually sent my iPhone 11? They could have said I sent them a box of bananas. How could I prove otherwise?? I filed a complaint with the BBB a couple of days ago. I doubt it will get me anywhere. I will be switching providers as soon as I can. 

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I did also get a customer service rep on the phone today and they put another case with all the information

• 

1 Message

9 months ago

This happened to me as well.  Internal theft within AT&T and now I am out $800.  My iPhone 11 Pro was traded in and replaced with a Galaxy phone.  Have tried for months to get this promotional credit applied.  Hours on the phone with customer service and no one is authorized to correct this.  Not sure how a company is able to commit such fraud and get away with it.  Will be filing a complaint with FCC and switching providers.

• 

7 Messages

9 months ago

Put in a BBB complaint someone from corporate will call you right away. They rectified it within one week. 

2 Messages

9 months ago

they did the same to me 1 year later. they lost the phone and are now trying to charge me for it. it was a trade in. This is fraud. tbis is criminal. 

2 Messages

9 months ago

there is enough of the same for a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines). complain to BBB and FCC

(edited)

ACE - New Member

• 

286 Messages

9 months ago

@janvl

You said the words which shall not be mentioned. Kinda funny that the term is used by forum members with enough frequency and carries enough weight to require a bot to remove it. Funny if you think about it.

Brass Traction Boot may be a better way to refer to it.

Also, your contract with AT&T forbids this type of recourse.

2 Messages

4 months ago

I need some advice on what to do. I had an iPhone 12 Pro Max and perfect condition. I left cricket and went to AT&T and traded in for the iPhone 12 Pro Max on August 17, 2023 was told by an employee named Travis that my trade-in value was worth 800 and if I wanted to opt out of insurance and what not to call corporate and so I did and I checked in on my trade-in because I felt a little weird about the situation because he had texted my number asking me to give him a call for my pin to get into my old phone. The customer service rep didn’t even realize I traded in a phone. She tried looking everywhere and said well usually it pops up on her end but maybe something had happened so she advised me to ask for an invoice number and to get back with them, and if the phone was in fact, stolen She told me that they are still liable. I had contacted the man asking for an invoice and keep in mind I wasn’t given a receipt or anything. I signed the paperwork and he told me it was emailed to me. So back to me, asking for the invoice number he proceeded to say he didn’t know what that was, and acted stupid as if he didn’t know what I was talking about as in trading in a phone so I reminded him who I was and the lady told me it would start with a 200 number or he started reading off some (Edited per community guidelines) number that started with 300 and told me to wait the third month to start getting credited. I waited till the third month called the store I had went to and explain the situation and the man that was working there told me Travis no longer works there and I gave him the so-called invoice number and was told he’d get back with me never did. so at this point I am frustrated I called AT&T customer service line a couple different times and was told to get a shipping number/tracking number so I went in the store and the man who I spoke to on the phone was there and told me he couldn’t find anything and basically told me I’m (Edited per community guidelines) I said, can’t you check the cameras because I am ticked off and he says nope. We can’t access those and then I had threatened to call the law he says they can’t do anything so I left really upset then a week later I called corporate customer service, and this man was trying to help me as much as he could, and said this happens quite frequently generally with older people, and basically said anything I’m saying, is he say even though he believed what I was saying because there’s a(Edited per community guidelines)olutely no proof that I came in and traded a phone. I have text messages from Travis. I even did a three-way call with customer service and Travis, and in person at the store today all at the same time so we were all communicating Travis Even confirmed I did a trade-in and that he still works with AT&T just in a different town. I gave them all my IMEI number and left with no option besides to cancel my plan and start a new one because it’ll be cheaper but that no one could help me! I’m not understanding why no one can go back and look at these cameras to confirm this!!! I never even would’ve went to AT&T if I knew my phone bill would be this high I went from paying $36 with the ACP program at cricket to a whopping $140 a month.. I’m not sure what else to do and needed advice. 

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.