Trade In and Get Rewarded!
M

• 

1 Message

Friday, October 2nd, 2020 9:43 PM

Trade in device mailed to wrong return address

Hello, 

Appears I sent the device back in the box that my new note 20 ultra arrived in. Shipping materials were provided with no clear instructions so I padded up the box, wiped my trade in device, put it in a zip lock bag and sealed it with the tape provided and applied the shipping label that was provided as well. 

Fast forward a couple of days I find this email saying they will provide separate shipping materials. 

I am confused and now I am wondering if I sent a mint condition $850 phone into the void. 

Trade in portal is useless, I hope this grabs the attention of someone who can actually help me instead of getting bounced around automated phone lines and out of country reps who don't understand what a USPS package intercept is. 

Speaking of which, I did try to do a USPS Package Intercept and the return tracking was not eligible. 

I have photos of everything as well. 

Thanks

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I am in this situation as well. The first AT&T rep I spoke with was very helpful. I ended up dropping a UPS package off at a USPS drop box. So realizing my mistake within 48 hours, I was hopeful that I could intercept the package before it was sent to UPS. Unfortunately the post office was rather quick in handing this one over to UPS & it is now somewhere out there being delivered or is sitting in that warehouse it was addressed to. I called Hyla last week, the first rep suggested I call them, the rep I talked to from Hyla needed the IMEI number so then I got transferred to another AT&T rep who was able to provide me with the IMEI number but I think I needed to call Hyla back? I'm not sure. That's what I did though, that was a mistake, the rep I got from Hyla this time said they only help employees?? The first guy I talked to was going to help me, somehow I got sent to the wrong dept. today. I just sent an email to the trade-in portal. 

• 

19 Messages

3 years ago

Crap.. I did the same thing.  Any update on this?  I took a picture of the shipping label I used, USPS tracking cannot locate the number.  I hope ! am not screwed out of $800 trade-in credit, plus never recovering my working trade-in iPhone

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I did the same thing on two phones.  Anyone was able to get resolution on this?

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

i tried getting a resolution... so far nothing.. there's gotta be a known solve for this.. seems like a common problem when you include INSTRUCTIONS with the box...

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

theres gotta be a way to solve for this... or perhaps a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines)... seems a bit unethical to include a shipping label to your phone with no instructions and expect customers to not mail their trade in with those labels.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I did the same thing. I have reached out to ATT on the trade in portal, called the number listed and sent an email begging for assistance but ATT refuses to respond. Obviously, ATT has several of these complaints which showcases they are negligent in their trade in process. 
It’s ATT’s responsibility to give us a course of action or to return our phones. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Add me to the list. Why do I stay with this company. It appears I am burned again. 

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Having the exact same issue. Has anyone been able to resolve this problem? 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Add me to the list.  I discovered the problem fairly quickly.  I have contacted the trade in line twice which is not an easy task.  Both times they told me they will escalate it and I am not the only one with the issue.  I received an email asking for all sorts of information which I have everything they need and more, however I have not gotten any response.  If anyone finds anything out I sure would love to know.  

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Add me to the list. I have tried to call the trade in number and get disconnected every time.  tried sending multiple emails but they must be floating around in the void with my phone. I guess that's what I get for trying to be punctual sending my trade in back to them.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.