Trade In and Get Rewarded!
BigsInSD's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 26th, 2019 5:40 PM

Too much to ask?

Is it too much to ask that AT&T and or Assurion to provide some assistance for customers claiming a replacement under warranty for a physically undamaged phone?  Under warranty a faulty phone must not have any physical damage to the screen or water damage.  BUT, the only way to prove that I placed a phone into the box undamaged is to take a video or series of pictures of the old phone before sending it back.  There are no instructions or warnings provided in the return box for customers to take videos or photos of the old device.  This is a major failure for AT&T. 

I think AT&T should step up and set up a secure way for customers to submit photos/video of the old device before and during the packaging into the return box.  This could be as straight forward as having a slip of paper with a QR code to be scanned, which will take you to a site where you can take photos directly from a smartphone. Thsi way the photos are time stamped, AT&T knows they are live, and customers are given the benefit of the doubt that the phone was fine before sending it back. 

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

5 years ago

at&t has nothing to do with assurion or their policies, assurion is the insurance provider for all cell phone carriers verizon,sprint,tmobile  the carriers just pass on the money you pay to assurion.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Yet, I made the request through AT&T and the letter I got was from AT&T. Maybe AT&T can put pressure on their partner to do better for their clients.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.