Trade In and Get Rewarded!
aplbuddy1's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, December 12th, 2014 4:57 PM

Swapping from Note 3 to iPhone 6

My wife and I both swapped our iPhones out to Samsung Note 3's and signed a new 2 year aggreement in September of this year.  After using the phones for a couple of months we can't stand them.  The camera app alone is horid and is not as easy as the iphones were to use.  My question is this, can we just buy new iphones outright and swap the sim cards over to them?  Will they work on the ATT network or will I have to contact ATT for anything?  Do we have any options to change the phones out?  FYI we still have the original grandfathered data plan we'd also like to keep.  Thanks in advance.

Guru

• 

901 Messages

9 years ago

Yes you can buy the iPhone straight out and have no issues.  Yes you can keep the Notes too, since you got them under contract.  You can do whatever you want with the notes since they are yours.  You will have no issues with your plan.

Scholar

• 

323 Messages

9 years ago

The iPhones come with a SIM card.  Once you get them, just call up AT&T and give them the new SIM card and your good to go.  (I would use the newer SIM cards, to ensure best connectivity and so AT&T see's the update to iPhone, iMessage etc).  You can do the instore trade-in for your Note 3, about $145 and have that amount immediatly.  Ebay or swappa will bring you more $.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.