Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jan 14, 2020 4:39 AM

Samung s10 takes four months to arrive - How ridiculous?

I was talking to Saul G from the loyalty department because I was ready to leave AT&T. He offered me a Samsung S10 512 GB phone on a special offer. He told me that I will get the phone within a week. I placed the order on Jan 9th. I get an email that the phone will not be shipped until April 2020. In order to get the good deal on the phone I signed up a 2 year agreement. Now AT&T is keeping without the upgraded phone for 4 months. How ridiculous. The S10 is a common phone available everywhere. It seems this was a switch and bait to get me to sign a 2 year contract and then keep me without a phone. If AT&T did not have the phone then why did they offer it to me. I paid for it in full with my credit card. I will report this switch and bait tactic to the FTC.

Today Jan 13th, I was talking to various reps and they told me they do not know about the inventory until after they place the order. They have no way of telling if any cell phone is in inventory. They cannot even get a retail store to give the phone I paid for to me. What a disconnected company AT&T is?

I have spent a whole day talking to reps about how to get the phone sooner. They all say they have no way of telling how inventory is doing and are not even sure if I will receive my phone. Believe me countries like China and India are quicker in getting an S10 to their customers compared to AT&T. No wonder customers go to T Mobile and Verizon.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

1 month ago

A back order on a device that you ordered is not a bait and switch. Look up the definition. FYI you would have paid a reduced amount for the device not its full value, again making this not a bait and switch. Your contract also does not begin until the phone ships. If you still want to leave you have four months to shop for a new carrier and get out the door and your order can be cancelled anytime between now and April.

FYI AT&T only has the 512 gig in ceramic black or white.

(edited)

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@lizdance40 When I ordered the phone I was told it would arrive within one week so after placing the order it said not shipped till April 2020. So I felt it was a bait and switch.

You mentioned that phone is available in ceramic black and white - so I do not understand why Saul G the rep told me it is available in Prism Blue. Do you think the phone will never be available?

Thanks

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

Apparently, in 4 months

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.