Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.
M

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Jul 6, 2020 7:25 PM

Portable wifi device

I currently have 2 portable wifi (ZTE mf923) on my account and both are upgrade ready. However when I go to upgrade ot only gives options for tablet. The wifi devices need to be upgraded they do not work alot of time.how do i get new upgraded wifi..not a tablet.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.9K Messages

a month ago

I suspect the reason is you are trying to upgrade a line which is not eligible to use a mobile hotspot device.

If that's the case, you'll be wasting money on a device when AT&T may cut off service at any time for using a device which is against the terms of service on a tablet plan.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.9K Messages

https://forums.att.com/conversations/phones-tablets-devices/my-connection-is-diconnected/5f027a3235f40c47bb1c1330

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@lizdance40 we got these Hotspot devices through AT&T over 2 years ago and been paying monthly on them for data. I don't see any other Hotspots to upgrade to. Does AT&T offer the portable hotspots..or am I stuck with the crappy ones? Thanks 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

76.9K Messages

You can buy compatible new hotspots elsewhere and swap your sim cards. 

The only plan that is eligible to use them are Metered plans, or unlimited plus plan from 2017.

If you are using the unlimited data connect plans those are meant for tablets. AT&T is disconnecting people who are using dedicated hotspots on tablet plans.

Since AT&T doesn't offer plan with a reasonable amount of data at a reasonable price, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to sell a device. 

Data connect offers 15 gigs for $70.

Get started...

Ask a new question