Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
ivey195072's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Sat, Oct 11, 2014 5:42 PM

Phone

I paid my big bill and had my AT&T turned off, because we had to move to my Aunt's place, because our home is no longer able to live in.  Need my phone number restored so Comcast can get it to move to our new place.  My folks got that number back in the 1960's and they are all gone now.  That number is ****, don't want to lose it.   Tried calling, but Comcast system is down, tried to do live chat, but unavailable on week ends.  Just was on the phone with Comcast for 2 hours trying to save my number, but failed so far.  I am so upset, I told the At&t people I talked to on the phone yesterday saying I need to keep this number.  Please Help me, before it is lost for ever.

[Edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, employee ID numbers, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Responses

falfiee

Scholar

• 

152 Messages

6 years ago

How long ago did you cancel the number? After so long it goes back in the pool & is reassigned. I do not understand where Comcast enters into this?

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

After a certain amount of time, a telephone number goes back into the available list of numbers and is reassigned to someone else.  How long ago did you cancel service?  I am sorry to say, but it sounds like your telephone number is gone for good.  

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

6 years ago

the phone number was cancelled the day before.  I was trying keep my phone number, moving to my Aunt's home, my Aunt just passed away and she lived in a Senior Mobile Park and already has Comcast installed here.  I found out that I can't keep my phone number, sadness....this number belonged to my family since the 1960 and they have now except me, have passed away now. My home in Ferndale has been destroyed by a flood on August 11th and now no living thing should live there, because of the black mold.  I am going to have to let my number go.  There was one worker at At&t that helped me the most and was so so nice, his name is Rudely.  I know he tried very hard and I want to THANK him. 

Get started...

Ask a new question