Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
S

• 

8 Messages

Tue, May 12, 2020 2:14 AM

Paid full price for my phone but cannot unlock

I paid full price for my Phone and went over to the unlock page from ATT but says IMEI does not match an att phone. I purchased the phone directly from ATT !! Help

Customer support said IMEI was placed in the system and everything looks fine. going in circles here

@ATTMobilityCare @ATTHelp

• 

8 Messages

1 y ago

• 

2 Messages

1 y ago

I'm having the same problem!!!
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.1K Messages

1 y ago

In order to unlock your phone you must meet the minimum requirements. Including the 14-day requirements, the 60-day requirements and possibly a 6 months requirement
Must be beyond 14 day return period.
New accounts cannot unlock for 60 days.
Prepaid locks for 6 months.
Where do you sit with those 3 requirements?

• 

8 Messages

Hi! Thank you. It’s a replacement phone since I smashed by old phone. 6 yr Old account. Purchased on 5/3/2020.

The 14 day return period makes a lot of sense but Wouldn’t it say not eligible instead of imei does not match?

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.1K Messages

Thanks for the additional details. Actually the IMEI does not match. AT&T has a record of the phone you purchased which was the one that is now destroyed. The one you are trying to unlock they have no record.
To correct this you will have to call AT&T and have them correct the IMEI on your account. If your original phone was eligible for unlocking, the replacement will be after the 14 day return period has expired.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

8 Messages

thanks but I did call ATT and they said my new phone was ready and activated and they confirmed the IMEI was updated since they set it up in store

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.1K Messages

Wait till it's past the 14 days. It takes at least that long for AT&T to register in portal

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

8 Messages

14 days and still nothing! I will

Call att again tmw and see what they say now...

• 

8 Messages

1 y ago

Called ATT and they said it was unlock on their end? without me ever requesting which seems weird. they said to contact apple. So I contacted apple and said they do not unlock ATT phones its up to ATT .

Such a hassle after 6 years of paying them thousands of dollars they give me the run around not to mention its almost impossible to get a hold of a human over the phone. @ATTMobilityCare @ATTHelp @ATTHelpForums

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.1K Messages

If I understand your post, AT&T is telling you the phone isn't locked. AT&T can't unlock a phone that isn't locked.
Did Apple say it is locked? Yes, they can't unlock it, but that can confirm if it's locked or not.

• 

8 Messages

Hi! yes they ran the serial number and said its locked to ATT

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.1K Messages

File an FCC complaint online. The complaint will be forwarded to AT&T upper management who will contact you

• 

8 Messages

Thank you for staying in touch I finally resolved it! after 90 minutes over the phone I had a very helpfull associate that escalated the case. Apparently there where issues with the IMEI registration at some level and since the new iphone SE 2020 is worth $399 I had to wait 2 months! Thankfully the associate also noted this was nonsense since I paid the phone in full, the restriction was overriden. Happy camper now!

Learned my lesson never to buy phone from the carrier again but I needed a phone asap since apple store was closed .

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.