Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jan 16, 2020 3:12 AM

Order got delayed by a month

I had recently ordered an iPhone 11 upgrade through a call with customer service due to my first order being cancelled by at&t due to them not being able to verify that it was me making the purchase. The new order 's status kept changing from "Preparing to ship" to "Backordered" so I reached out to customer service again to check the actual status of my order. The representing which I contacted through the mobile app specifically stated that my order was going to be shipped on 1/15/20 and should receive it the day by 6:30 PM. However, I now got an email that states that my order has been delayed by an entire month. I have checked the availability of the specific device and it's configuration on the at&t website and it says on there that it's in stock. What exactly is going on? It's getting quite frustrating that it seems to be impossible to purchase a phone from at&t.

Responses

thebattman

• 

17 Messages

a month ago

trying to pull a bait and switch, or their inventory system is just that bad.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

My Mom's order was also canceled by At&T for "not being able to verify her." Funny thing is, they NEVER even attemped to contact her. None of the customer service people could explain how this verification process happens.