Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Usedphone101's profile

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, January 22nd, 2023 8:08 AM

Opened Iphone 14 pro box.

I ordered an Iphone 14 pro as a line under my friend’s AT&T postpaid plan. When I received the phone in the mail, box where the the phone was stores was sealed, but the Iphone box itself has been tampered. The seal in the upper and lower part of the box has been removed and 2 white circular stickers were placed at both sides of the box. The white screen protector has noticeably been removed already and someone tried to stick it back. I never turned the phone on since I wanted an exhange. I tried to return it to the nearest AT&T store but, since it was ordered online, they want me to resolve the issue online too. The lady that that I spoke with at the store was really nice and really wanted to help me, but there’s nothing she could do. I learned that for me to return and exchange the phone for a SEALED one, I have to pay $55 for restocking since the phone box is already opened, which in the first place has been opened even before they sent it to me and an additional sales tax for the SEALED unit that I was trying exchange with. I just can’t believe how AT&T is scamming their customers. They basically sent me a used, 2nd hand phone while I’m paying for the price of a brand new unit. I paid the price tag for a brand new one, so I deserve to receive a brand new SEALED phone and not a used one. I’m very disappointed with how their customer service handled this issue. It seems like they’re giving me with no choice, but to use and pay for the used phone. They are acting as if, it’s my fault and responsibility that I received a used phone from them. It’s totally unfair on my part, a paying consumer to be treated like this. They know that those used phones can’t be sold on their physical stores, so they mail it to those who ordered online, because they knew they have a pretty (Edited per community guidelines)ty policy regarding exchanging and returning of phones, even if it’s their fault and the actually mean to send those USED phones. I hope AT&T will stop this kind of SCAM. And if they really want to sell those used phones, they should at least advertised it as used phone for the price of the used phone. To those AT&T people who knowingly sends used phones to their customers who ordered online, I hope you rot in (Edited per community guidelines)! And thank you so much for the best deal of a used phone for the price of a brand new one. Now, I’m forced to used this phone and this will be a reminder of how expensive this scam has been.

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

1 year ago

Those tabs are known to come off in transit. You should just use the phone and not make a mountain out of a molehill also if you ordered a screensaver they will open the box. Put the screensaver inside the box and re seal it 

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

118.1K Messages

1 year ago

@Constructive 

No a screensaver comes in a cardboard or better packaging itself and is never put inside the iPhone box it would not fit.

@Usedphone101

Just because the paper tabs have been removed does not mean the phone was ever registered under someone else's iCloud, or a returned device.

If you're concerned, you do have to go through the return process which means don't throw out the box because it probably has a return label in it or on it in case you do not want the device. Please make sure you get a receipt when you return your device as proof that you mailed the phone back. Without that proof you are responsible for paying for the phone if it does not make it back to AT&T and is not checked in at the post office.

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

@Constructive 

No. The tabs were already teared up, like someone opened the phone box. And I did not order a screen protector. If I did, they install it beforehand, okay. I would gladly use the phone. If those seal just come off because of transit, I won’t even make a fuss out of it. I wish that was the case, but it’s not. I hope you understand how I feel. Part of the price that I pay for is the satisfaction that I’m the one who first opened and teared those tabs up. Even AT&T won’t sell those in their physical stores. They knew no one will buy those units. And yes, I’ll use the phone. I don’t want to pay for another sales tax, when I already paid them for that already.

@formerlyknownas 

Yes, I do understand that there is a return process. And I would have go through all of it. I’m willing to pay the restocking fee. But after finding out that I have to pay for another sales tax, no, they are already too much. They are making if difficult and more complicated. If it is my own doing, I opened the changed my mind and wanted for an exchange, then I would be more than willing to pay for what they ask. But sadly it’s not.

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

The exact same thing happened to me today. Can I ask what the resolve was? I want to return mine as well as it obviously has been open. 

ACE - Expert

• 

24.7K Messages

1 year ago

There's another thread going on here with the same issue that I responded to. If you are within the return window (I think it's 14 days) then return it if you think something is amiss. If you purchased at a Retail Store, that can complicate matters. Get your money back and then file a complaint with the BBB, which will go straight to AT&T Corporate. FWIW, I've always purchased our iPhones directly from Apple unlocked.

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

This just happened to me today. I opened the cardboard box and it had not been tampered with, it was taped perfectly. The iPhone was out of the iPhone box, the side and back tabs were ripped open, the iPhone box was sweaty dirty like a little kid was playing with it. I tried to put it back together but the box isn’t the right box for the phone, it doesn’t fit the phone.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

24.7K Messages

1 year ago

So is this a brand new purchase, a warranty replacement (Asurion), or what?

ACE - Sage

• 

118.1K Messages

1 year ago

@OttoPylot 

Replacement phones, either warranty or insurance do not come in an original iPhone box.

@Jannabanana 

Contact at&t by phone 

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

got thing happened to me. Just order two iPhones at ATT in Sam’s Club on Jun 19, arrived on Jun 21. One is iPhone 14 pro max and another is iPhone 13, 13 is brand new with original sealed/sticker box but the 14 is open box, screen white paper was removed and put back. I am a new customer from T-Mobile. I really get a bad ATT experience.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.