Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
MidnightXS's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Oct 7, 2014 7:29 AM

Old Number On New Phone?

Hey guys, I have an odd problem. I currently have Verizon and the service is just awful, so I want to switch over to AT&T. The problem is that my current phone number is also on all of my business cards, so I can't use the same number until my contract with Verizon expires. Can I get a new number (On a new phone) through AT&T then, once the Verizon contract expires, replace the new AT&T number with my old Verizon number?

Responses

ATTDmitriyCM

Community Manager

• 

9.6K Messages

6 years ago

Hi @MidnightXS 

You can do that, no problem. When you're ready to port, contact AT&T first, don't cancel your service with Verizon as the line must be active to post the number. AT&T will port the number for you and replace your temporary number with it, and your Verizon line will be canceled automatically.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have an answer that worked for you? Help other users by marking helpful posts as an "Accepted Answer". And don't forget to leave a Like!

Still need help? Ask a question! Our 1.4 million members typically respond within 1 hour.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question