Uniquely for you. Preorder the new Google Pixel 6.
T

• 

4 Messages

Thu, Jun 25, 2020 2:22 AM

Offer for free iPhone 11 for filling out AT&T survey - pay only $1 shipping

I received the following text msg. The link sent me into a short survey with official AT&T logo, etc., which I completed. I then provided my credit card info to pay $1 shipping. Is this a scam or a real offer?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

1 y ago

It's a scam. The $1 charge to your credit card is to check that it is valid. I'd contact your credit card company, tell them what happened, and cancel the card.

• 

4 Messages

1 y ago

Well, they so far charged my account $4.95–not the $1 stated. And the site closed out as soon as it had my card info. No confirmation page—nothing!  So I guess this is a scam in which BudgetBuzz (name on debit for $4.95) is using AT&T’s name, logos, etc.  And the survey’s questions all pertained to my experiences with AT&T!  Wow!

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

You might want to Google "BudgetBuzz".  It's not good.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

15.6K Messages

@tgaut As I said, contact your credit card company and dispute the charges. Tell then what happened and cancel your card immediately.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

1 y ago

Thanks to both of you for your input. I knew better, but it certainly looked authentic like a short survey for AT&T.  I have canceled my card & disputed the charges!  Thanks again!

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

@tgaut   If it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

Don't mess with old people.  The older we get, the less "Life in Prison" is a deterrent.

• 

4 Messages

True, and I knew better!  Thanks for your help!  I am shocked, however, that this particular scammer has been doing this for so long and is still at it!  Simply amazing that this can go on so long unchecked and without consequence or responsibility!  Sad. 

• 

1 Message

6 m ago

Why don’t these scammers get a real job and work an eight hr day to earn an honest living like the hard working rest of us ... I’m sure like the rest of us , hard working people are sick and tired of all this , every move we make anymore is a chance of being scammed or having your identity stolen 

ACE - Expert

• 

20.7K Messages

6 m ago

I once had a police officer tell me that no matter how or what authorities do to stop the 'bad guys', they will always find another way to scam or violate the good guys.

(edited)

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.