Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wed, Oct 3, 2018 1:55 PM

Not eligible for an installment plan upgrade

I was trying to upgrade my old cellphone. I have four lines under my account and all devices have paid off. For some reason, other three lines are eligible for an upgrade, yet my line shows 'buy a device at full price'? I tried to dial the '*639#' number through my phone, and got the text says something like 'Contract upgrade has been initiated. Parked agreement exists.' What does that mean? It used to give me feedback of 'Good news: You're eligible for an upgrade!'. Very confused.

I spent the whole afternoon talking to multiple AT&T representatives and no one knows why or how to solve the problem. The only option they offered me is that I could use other line's upgrade eligibility(basically an upgrade eligibility transfer), which i OK as long as they would not want an upgrade for at least a year in the future... I still want to know what happened to my line.

Responses

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

I’m having this same issue currently 

• 

5 Messages

2 months ago

Same issue here.  I think there's something wrong with their upgrades, I've seen tons of these posts but no solutions or reasoning.  Did this ever get straightened out??

• 

3 Messages

a month ago

Having the same problem today 12/14/2020.  Looking for a fix.  Not interested in spending the day in the store.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

been having issues for over a month. two lines keep getting canceled for unknown and unresolvable reasons. No one on ATT's end can see anything with account. Tried upgrade at Walmart, no luck activating. Tried ordering from Best Buy, it got cancelled. Ordered from ATT, they sent the door step service but agent couldn't activate or process. Got an error he never seen before. Something along the lines of "Customer line not upgrade eligible. Line is eligible for installment upgrade" He never seen this error.

This is happening to two lines trying to up get new iPhone 12 Pro. Started around 11/09/2020 and still have issues 12/18/2020. 

Get started...

Ask a new question