Trade In and Get Rewarded!
VixxyVon's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, January 10th, 2019 7:03 AM

No updates from 7.0 S7 Edge SM G935A Unlocked US

OK I've read and read and read all over the internet trying to find away to update my S7 edge from 7.0, or at least the security patch. Still December 14 2017. 

Build: NRD90M .G935AUCS4BQL1

My phone is unlocked and Cricket is my carrier.  I know I know!  I have to be on AT&T network, SIM to get updates.  Grr AT&T OWNS CRICKET! This makes no bloody sense . I didn't buy the phone from Cricket ,although they did carry it for a little while .I bought it unlocked from someone who was with AT&t.  When I first booted up I got an update.  Not sure which, it happened so fast I wasn't paying attention. But I don't think I had my SIM in it yet . Just wifi no sim installed.  I was impatient to play with it.  I haven't got a single update for anything since . 

AT&T really needs to do something for all the people with the GM935A.  This seems to be the ONLY s7 edge not getting updates . 

For me it is infuriating because Cricket is own by AT&T now and has been for a few years . It's the same network !!!!. Plus Cricket sold the (Cricket s7 edge) for awhile.  They have no updates for even their s7 edge. Just the s7. This is so ridiculous to be on December 17 security patch too.  My debit card was stolen online this dec18. And I'm almost 100% certain it was leaked from my phone.  Good thing my bank is awesome . But I am so close to rooting if I can get the guts to and find a simple way to do it . Samsung can't help me, Cricket can't help me, and AT&T has yet to address this nor seems to care at all. AT&T holds the solution to mine and so many thousands of others . 

HELP AT&T !!!! 

Im wondering if there's a way to find someone on AT&T and slap their sim in here and update that way ? Or just remove mine and try just wifi ? Ugh so disapointed I love my s7edge.  Haven't the real desire to change phones 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

5 years ago

At&t phones only update OS using an At&t SIM card and connected to At&t network.  

Cricket is owned by, but is not At&t.  

Answer is still the same, you need to install an active At&t sim to update.  

https://forums.att.com/t5/Samsung-Discussion-Support/Galaxy-S6-Active-Unlocked-updates/m-p/4296853

Since Samsung pulled out of  Best Buy, that option would be unavailable 

ACE - Sage

• 

115.9K Messages

5 years ago

Why, when you got a correct answer are you insisting on another one?   

Rooting wont provide the ATT update and could brick the phone.  

Buy a month of ATT prepaid and your problem gets resolved without hassle 

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Yes I'm insisting on another one . And I don't appreciate the condensending additude. First because no one has ever suggested a month of pre-paid to solve this problem and imo I shouldn't have to since I am on AT&T network as I explained already. And I know rooting won't give me the updates but it will give me whatever OS I want and update at my will . and can get rid of all the bloatware and c r u d apps I can't disable . I know there is always risks with rooting. I think everyone knows that.  But the risk becomes worth it when no solutions other than spend more money have been given.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.