Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
fahadhafeez's profile

1 Message

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 10:57 PM

Next Up , Is it worth it to keep

Hi, 

I have an Samsung S23 Ultra with Trade-in offer with ATT , I am receiving credit for the traded phone every month, now my question is I have 6$ charge for next up on it , If i want to upgrade the phone in 18months , but if that happens what happens to the remaining credits ? and the phone that i upgrade from , does the trade in credit go to the new phone payments , since at the 18th months the phone in use would have been traded in to upgrade to the next one.  otherwise the new phone will have a relatively higher monthly payments. 

if not, is it worth to keep the Next up active on the bill and pay 6$ without having any advantage. usually the trade-in offer will stand at that time too. 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Master

• 

10.6K Messages

4 months ago

Trading in a phone under Next Up after 18 months or later only forgives the remaining payments on that phone.  It does not transfer anything over to the new phone, or reduce the price of the new phone.  If you trade in the phone under Next Up and upgrade to a new phone, any remaining credits on your old phone are lost.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

4 months ago

My opinion?  No.  

If you sent a trade in for $800-$1000 off, If you upgrade an 18 months, you lose half of that.  And your required to return the S23 in excellent and working condition or AT&T would require you pay them the balance of the phone.  All it takes is a trip to moisture meter or some dead pixels and you get charged the balance without any future credits being applied.

I took an S23 plus deal as well. My intention is to trade in directly with Samsung. Lump sum off.  Unlocked phone with no bloat.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.