Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Steve6569's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Fri, Dec 7, 2018 12:12 PM

New customers getting better deals then old dedicated don`t make no sense!!

I really sad how At&t has there hands wrapped around our neck. I have 3 services through them that equal out to about $5500.00 a year, Including Internet, Directv and a wireless plan with 4 devices attached . Just called to ask details about the BOGO offer and to my dis-liking that one of the lines needs to be new. I asked what the difference if if I order the service and add a line then after cancel and old line to take advantage of that offer. The asked what number would you like to cancel? I said I don't want to cancel any number just want the deal for both current number, someone explain what is the difference. ATT will make the same revenue either way!!!!!!! I fully believe its a scam. I did talk with the loyalty department and was treated like I was an undesirable. I then ask, let just upgrade my line and forget the BOGO deal. That was a mistake, Because I had to jump through hoops explaining why I didn't want to take advantage of that off and brought up that I still on on 1 of 4 of my devices and that I needed to pay that off first. The number or device she was talking about had nothing to do with either upgrade. I see that customer satisfaction is a thing of the past. As for calling Att the customer service and your call is ported out of the county and you can't understand the person at the other end is annoying. I have been with Att since they took over for Cingular and let me tell you, I'm really starting to hate that I need them.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

57.8K Messages

Il y a 4 y

BOGO offers exist to generate new lines of business, pure and simple. So, what’s the difference between letting you get it on an existing line versus opening a new line and cancelling an old line? Simple, most customers won’t do just as you wouldn’t. At least ATT does allow you to open a line to get the BOGO and cancel an old line without penalty. Some carriers have closed that loophole. By the way, ATT did not take over Cingular, it was actually the other way around, they just decided to keep the att name.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Il y a 4 y

Thanks for your speedy reply and information. I was not told once from anyone I talked with from ATT about any penalties. It seems like everyone I talk to in customer service has a different answer. As for the correction of what company took over from another, I knew it was something like that. But thanks anyway. Either way  it didn't matter to me the fact all I know is that I've been a customer a very long time and there is no dedicated customer loyalty when you big business. That is the sad part! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

ACE - Sage

• 

97.4K Messages

Il y a 4 y

@Steve6569

I disagree that I don’t benefit from staying with my ATT plan despite not being able to use these BOGO offers.  

I pay $168 a month for 5 lines and 20 gigs of data, we use 7 to 10 a month.  A plan that no carrier that can provide coverage (even lousy coverage) can match.  Even the cheaper MVNO’s cant match it.  If I change carriers for a BOGO, I’m forced onto a new, more expensive plan, even if I get less data.  From the prices I’ve got from other carriers, it would cost me $70+ more a month just for service on other carriers.  

What I say is, “Phone offers are to steal customers, add new business and make a profit off service.  Phones are just the loss leader for new business and are a a full write off for the purpose of gaining new  new business.  There is no benefit to any carrier to give free phones to existing customers.  And, no, keeping you is not insentive as you are already disgruntled and not so much loyal, if this is an issue for you.  

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.