For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Mikebund1's profile

Contributor

• 

8 Messages

Monday, February 24th, 2020 7:22 PM

New 5g and Galaxy s20

Hello everyone, i have a question regarding 5g and the galaxy s20. I pre-ordered the galaxy s20 and i know i have to upgrade to the 5g network, i've tried googling this too.

so my question is as of now i am 4 days into my billing cycle of 4g unlimited, when i recieve my phone i'll be in the middle of my cycle. Will my s20 work with 4g plan if i am unable to upgrade it at this time or will i have to wait til march 20th for next cycle? last time it said i had to wait til end of cycle to change plans but was like 5 yrs ago, If i am able to updrade to 5g at this time will it affect the speed of my s8 thats 4g based?

EDIT: lookin at plans, the one says its 75 but when i click on plan it says its 125 and only 10$ autopay disc. am i missing something? ------ Disregard everytime i refreshed page the price went up. its now displaying the correct price listed

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

4 years ago

Can't say I quite understand your question the way you presented it. If you are on a postpaid plan and change your plan your plan will be prorated no matter when you change it, so don't worry about that.

Currently the only plans that support a 5G connection are the unlimited extra and unlimited Elite.
The phone will work just fine on LTE, but you will not have access to the 5G Network unless you switch plans.
No matter what plan you are on it works just fine with a regular LTE device. He was still have access to 3G 4G, and LTE

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.