Trade In and Get Rewarded!
J

• 

2 Messages

Thu, May 7, 2020 2:17 PM

Moving SMS history from my Android to my iPhone

I just purchased an AT&T iPhone SE 2020 directly from Apple online and am trying to transfer information from my Samsung Galaxy Express Prime to the iPhone. I used the AT&T Mobile Transfer app to move over my pictures and contacts, but can't figure out how to move my SMS history over. I backed up my SMS history on my old Samsung, but can't figure out how to get it onto my iPhone SE. I really don't want to use my texting history now that I've changed phones. Can you help?

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.7K Messages

2年前

• 

2 Messages

@sandblaster Thank you for your reply. I already tried that at setup, but couldn't get it to connect, despite making multiple adjustments to my settings to match Apple's instructions. I've already passed that screen in my iPhone setup and don't know how to go back to it to try again.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.7K Messages

Sorry, I have no practical experience with either. What I would try is set the new iPhone back to factory settings and start from scratch with the Apple transfer app.

Award for Community Excellence 2021 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.