Trade In and Get Rewarded!
amirnoman's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, March 3rd, 2017 9:22 AM

LG G5 nougat

I have LG G5 unlocked AT&T and i m out side from U.S. my current Android version is 6.0.1 and i want to update to Nougat, which is already released by AT&T. My Problem is that when i check the software update OTA from Setting>About>Software Update>Update Now it's show's that Software is Up to date,kindly tell me how i update my phone to Nougat???

Current Software version: 6.0.1

Android security patch level: 2016-07-01

Software Version H82011k

Sory for my English

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

7 years ago

You cannot receive OTA updates unless you are in the US, using ATT for service.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Please don't abandon us. I can't go back to the US just to update my phone.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Is there a way to download the update and update the phone through the computer? I assume there has to be some alternate way to update besides OTA?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I am having a similar issue with the OTA, but I am in the US, and using AT&T for service. Any advice?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I think if i m not wrong. LG and AT&T was not giving support for unlocked devices. Because there is no KDZ or TOT is availabe.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

7 years ago

Your correct att does not update phone not on there network. Now the s7 has leaks for software there are none for the g5 which att sold less than 600k of.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@LG_Team wrote:

I understand the device is unlocked from AT&T, however I would suggest trying to update it with the LG PC suite.

http://www.lg.com/us/support/product-help/CT10000026-20150108669720-file-media-transfer-pictures-music-etc

@LG_Team

LG pc suite wont update a ATT device as ATT makes the OEM update them OTA...

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.