Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Mar 14, 2015 10:33 PM

Keeping my unlimited plan when upgrading device

I still have the old unlimited plan. How do I make sure I can keep it when getting an iPhone 6? Buy it unlocked?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

MR_SMiT

ACE - Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

5 years ago

@TTTBBB wrote:
I still have the old unlimited plan. How do I make sure I can keep it when getting an iPhone 6? Buy it unlocked?

Make sure you go to AT&T Corperate Store, NOT autherized dealer and buy iPhone 6, tell them keep "unlimited data" plan.

Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan
Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

71.5K Messages

5 years ago

Buy at full retail price, $649 or greater.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Busternutt

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

5 years ago

@MR_SMiT wrote:

@TTTBBB wrote:

Make sure you go to AT&T Corperate Store, NOT autherized dealer and buy iPhone 6, tell them keep "unlimited data" plan. Other options also, like previous post said buy iPhone 6 at full price, or buy unlocked or sim free iPhone 6 from Apple Store online, if ordering from Apple online, it is "signature required" on delivery.

There was an earlier thread from someone who bought through the Apple store who lost their unlimited plan. I've also read of buying at Best Buy and losing their unlimited data through a screw up. I think your first advice was the best, go to a ATT corporate store. Even then, be sure they don't switch your plan.

"Customers helping customers; not always successfully"
MR_SMiT

ACE - Professor

• 

1.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Busternutt wrote:

@MR_SMiT wrote:

@TTTBBB wrote:

Make sure you go to AT&T Corperate Store, NOT autherized dealer and buy iPhone 6, tell them keep "unlimited data" plan. Other options also, like previous post said buy iPhone 6 at full price, or buy unlocked or sim free iPhone 6 from Apple Store online, if ordering from Apple online, it is "signature required" on delivery.

There was an earlier thread from someone who bought through the Apple store who lost their unlimited plan. I've also read of buying at Best Buy and losing their unlimited data through a screw up. I think your first advice was the best, go to a ATT corporate store. Even then, be sure they don't switch your plan.

No problem. I redited my reply about going Apple Store online. AT&T Corperate Store is best answer.Smiley LOL

Hardcore Pittsburgh Steelers Fan

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

5 years ago

All you get is 3gb with unlimited plan anyway.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

@Signaladviser wrote:

Its 5Gbts Now

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

35.4K Messages

5 years ago

@LouieTheLug wrote:

@Signaladviser wrote:

Its 5Gbts Now

ATT no longer throttles unlimited plan users at preset limits. Unlimited now is really unlimited.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

O' cool... Thanks,
When did this Truly unlimited start?

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

5 years ago

I would guess after AT&T had to pay all that money for not telling customers that they would be throttling their plans.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

were they throttling the unlimited plan users at one time?

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

did it go to the customers

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

did it go to the customers

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Did what go to the customers?

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

4 years ago

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…