Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

3 Messages

Wed, Feb 5, 2020 9:55 AM

Is ATT Trade In just a scam?

I sent in my old phone (Iphone 7 Plus)to ATT on Dec 17th 2019. I tracked it and it was received Dec 20th 2019. I waited 1 week and checked my status with the provided confirmation #20120619001076. I was happy to see my device was processed and my value was $130. Now here we are on February 5, 2020...6 weeks later and I still have no card for $130. I’ve emailed the trade in team twice no help and done both chat and twitter DMs with ATT no help or answers. The say contact trade in team but I did and that didn’t help. So given that the terms say card issued within 2 weeks of device being processed and clearly they don’t care it’s been 6 weeks. Has ATT just stolen my phone?

Responses

micerus

• 

31 Messages

2 months ago

It can take up to 3 billing cycles for it to appear on your account. They will reimburse you for overpayment. Its not a scam. we traded in 4 phones and got 4 free Iphone 11s. Just be patient and if they dont show up within the next 3 billing cycles, complain to the BBB. That connects you to the AT&T presidents office. They would call you and have it fixed pretty quick. We had to do that because there are so many reps at AT&T that dont know what theyre doing.

• 

3 Messages

nothing should be appearing in my account. I am supposed to be mailed a visa. I didn’t trade in in the store I did it via mail. And all statements on the included paperwork said mailed within 3 weeks of the device being processed.

micerus

• 

31 Messages

Well in that case, if you dont get the Visa in a timely manner, you can still file a complaint with the BBB. The presidents office will call you and they will work it out. They are very nice and knowledgable in that office. I have found talking to the trade in dept or reps doesn’t do any good.

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

2 months ago

Hello,

Best way to check ETA on rebate card for that is calling trade in center directly via (Phone number hidden)

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

I have now talked to agents of the trade in center 3 times. 2 via email one via live chat. I have been told wait one more week each time. No one will answer what next steps is.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…