Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Protect your device against loss, theft, damage and get expert technical support. Open Enrollment Ends 3/31/21.
S

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Jan 8, 2021 8:28 PM

I was sent the wrong phone!! I asked for a Note 20 ULTRA 5g and was sent a Note 20 5g!!

I've been hung up on, lied to, sent to 3 different stores who wouldn't help me because I ordered it over the phone. I have spent 2 entire days trying to get this right and at this point I'm in tears. I haven't activated or even popped out the sim card. Someone please help or tell me what I can do?

Responses

Lockdowncraziness

Employee

• 

1K Messages

2 months ago

If you were sent the wrong phone return it. You have 14 days to do so. They are not going to send you a different phone until the other one is returned.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

14 Messages

2 months ago

They did this to me twice.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Yes I'm going to return it because they want 400 down to send me the right phone because they are ignorant and are considering it to be a second line. Can I take it into an AT&T store to return it? Thank you in advance 

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

82.2K Messages

2 months ago

Okay here's how it works.

You have to return the phone they sent you  first. If you ordered it over the phone from att.com you can do a return and exchange at an AT&T corporate store only, not an authorized retailer. Or you can mail it back.

No matter which way you do it they have to accept the return with all the packing in mint condition. They have to reset your upgrade eligibility in order for you to purchase a different phone as an upgrade to your line. If you do this by mail it can take two weeks.

Let's roll back to when you placed your original order over the phone. When your order over the phone they send you an email to accept the terms of conditions. In that email is all of the information including the fact that you're upgrading your phone number, and the color make and model and storage capacity of whichever device you have purchased, it's full purchase price and notation on the installment agreement.

Dig it up from your emails. 

So did they send you the phone listed on the order email?    

What phone is on the packing slip? 

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question