For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
yiefan's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, April 23rd, 2016 4:14 AM

How to transfer existing 2-yr contract iPhone number to a new unlocked iPhone?

I've been searching for a while but seems like nobody asked the same question before. Please help!

I currently have a iphone 6 with a 2yr contract ending in September 2016. There is no sim card in this phone. And I just received an unlocked new iphone 6S plus as a gift, I was wondering if it's possible to transfer my number to this new phone? I wouldn't mind keep paying off my old phone with the current monthly bill, just want to use my number on the new phone. (My old phone has been having problems lately, it's very slow and the location services is all messed up so I can't use any navigation apps, very annoying)

Is there a way that I can get a new sim card and use the new phone, but keep paying the monthly on my previous plan?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

8 years ago

There has to be a sim card in the 6 or else it wouldn't work on the AT&T network.

If you can't get the SIM out, you can go to a corporate store and they will give you the proper sim to work with your new phone with your number and you can use it and still pay for the old phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

Oh My!! Little had I known, I was always under the impression that there is no sim card in the Iphone 6! Just got it out, thank you very much 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.