Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Breeislame's profile

New Member


1 Message

Thursday, May 4th, 2023 5:48 AM

How to get my number separately from an account i was on

Hey so i let my friend add me to his account. I left my phone provider  and all of it. My friend has recently passed away and now i cant use my phone or can’t get verified to be on the account. How do i get my number released ? I was able to find out the bill has been racked up to 700-800$ though. I cant pay that. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage


117.6K Messages

1 year ago

You would need a death certificate for the person who has passed away. I realize that this person was only a friend that is a little more difficult. But it's the only way you can have his account closed and your phone number moved off it. The estate would be responsible for the bill. This likely means you have to discuss these issues with whoever is in charge of his estate, a family member

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.