Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
G

• 

6 Messages

Wed, Feb 2, 2022 9:41 PM

How to activate a BYOD phone with two IMEI's (2 sim cards)?

My phone has 2 sim slots (not e-sim), I 2 active sim cards. My AT&T prepaid & TracFone. I can receive and make calls and texts. Both cards have been active and working for a while.No issues with service. But I must activate the device so AT&T recognizes it in order to not lose my service . I keep getting alerts to upgrade my phone because the last phone I used before this one was my iPhone 3gs. So the system still thinks I using a 3g device. My current device is a Blu G5. Does anyone know where I can get this done? Perhaps a link you'd share here if you too had the same type issue? Thanks! 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

23.4K Messages

8 m مضت

• 

6 Messages

8 m مضت

Thank you, I bought a 5g dual sim today it's a M10 ultra. I'll see how it goes over the next week. If the notifications end maybe I will slide by. If not the hunt will start lol. Thank you for taking the time to answer. Much appreciated!

ACE - Sage

• 

100.1K Messages

8 m مضت

@garydallbright 

return the phone. AT&T will only allow phones that are on its whitelist (which you have already been given the link to the PDF).   

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.