For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
T

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 30th, 2020 2:52 PM

How is it okay that att lies to their customers

I did a trade in and opened a new line so I could get the $1000 off of the newest Samsung note. I mailed in the trade in in the package they sent me to use. After the phone was delivered I called and the woman said everything was perfect and it would reflect on my next bill. It never did. Now that I’m outside my return window they are saying the phone was completely destroyed when they received it YET they could not locate the photos to show this. The phone was perfect when I sent it. They said the trade in is a third party so nothing they can do. $1000 PLUS the lost phone is enough that I’m not letting this go. If I have to go a legal route I will do so. I cannot believe att is trying to cheat me out of money after I’ve been a customer for 20 years!!!!!

DO NOT TRADE IN VIA MAIL, they will steal your device. 

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

3 years ago

This seems to be a very common complaint. Hopefully you have proof of the condition of the trade in. Suggest you escalate to corporate by filing an FCC or BBB complaint before attempting the legal route.

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Yes I do. I just find it absolutely absurd to be treated this way. I have always loved att which makes this even harder. They claim they have no pictures of the phone now and that it is gone. My mind is completely blown with this entire situation. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.