Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Portsm's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, September 29th, 2016 12:15 AM

How do I get what I was promises?

I was misled by AT&T local store in Portsmouth, Ohio. They said that a program existed, and it did, where I can trade my old phone back for $650 when I buy a new iPhone. They said the deadline was Sept. 30 and they told me this on Thursday Sept. 22. I went back yesterday, 27th and they informed me that they were wrong. They said that the sell ended the 25th. They admitted that they were wrong. I would have bought the phone before the 25th but I was told the 30th. I was not the only one.
I am punished by their mistake. They now said that I can get $150 for the old phone. Unfortunately, I now have to pay $500 more because of their mistake. I will go and talk to Verizon unless AT&T stands with what they have told me. I was misled. Why can't I get the deal that I was promised?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

8 years ago

9/24 is when I started the upgrade at the store, so I did started the upgrade within their offer times. it is not my problem ATT dont train their employees right, the 800 number and the store employees should be in the same page, but when you call the 800 number tey tell you one thing, you go to the store they tell you another thing.it is not the end of the world like you mentioned, of course any body can take it whatever way they want to. I am speaking for my own experience. I tried to do my upgrade ontime, not my fault ATT employees dont have a clue of what they are doing.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

8 years ago

AT&T is not treating me right. I was not ready to buy the thing in the store until I did some research as I should before buying anything. I had to work strange hours too. THE POINT IS THAT AN AT&T REPRESENTATIVE TOLD ME THAT I HAD UNTIL THE 30th! It is not my fault unlike what is being said. Everyone claim AT&T has the poorest service and this proves it. Verizon still has a similar deal and my old phone is paid off. $650 for old phone. Guess what? I am on my way to Verizon.

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

And you will very likely be very happy with Verizon's service and prices.....that is until one of their CSRs gives you some bad information. It happens, people make assumptions that are wrong, you've just got to move on when it does.

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@Portsm wrote:
AT&T is not treating me right. I was not ready to buy the thing in the store until I did some research as I should before buying anything. I had to work strange hours too. THE POINT IS THAT AN AT&T REPRESENTATIVE TOLD ME THAT I HAD UNTIL THE 30th! It is not my fault unlike what is being said.

Verizon still has a similar deal and my old phone is paid off. $650 for old phone. Guess what? I am on my way to Verizon.

It's not my fault either! This is the community forum.

Let us know how that goes...  (SERIOUSLY!)

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Promotion was just extended. 

All I see is a port in option. Am I missing it?

Screen Shot 2016-09-29 at 6.07.39 PM.png

And this part won't be an issue later  😉

"Offer Limits: 1 free device per wireless account per 12 month period"

1 Attachment

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

8 years ago

Oh, I missed that..

Your right it's a different promotion. 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

8 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

Oh, I missed that..

Your right it's a different promotion. 

Someone on these forums taught me that I have to read the fine print!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.