Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
fletcherjs's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Fri, Jan 30, 2015 1:36 PM

How can I be taken advantage of a little more?

Up front: I'm an old guy and rather new to the smartphone realm. I was talked into buying an iPhone at an AT&T store - HUGE mistake. My question: How can I invite AT&T to take advantage of me a little more? I probably paid about 80% too much for an outdated iPhone 4S. Advice: Do your homework and find much, much better deals elsewhere. AT&T is all too happy to rob you in their stores.

Anonymous

• 

25.7K Messages

8 y مضت

are you past your 14 day trial?

ACE - Sage

• 

100K Messages

8 y مضت

How much? The retail price of a brand new 4S is $299. As opposed to the iPhone 6 $649-849
You do have a 14 day, buyers remorse period to return the phone and buy something else. You do not have to buy at AT&T. You can buy a compatible phone on Amazon. I strongly suggest a phone which says AT&T, not GSM and not international.

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 y مضت

Hi @fletcherjs

I’m sorry to hear you are unhappy with your purchase. As has been recommended, should you find yourself unhappy with a purchase for any reason, it can be returned to any AT&T store within 14 days of purchase and either exchanged for another model, or a refund issued. We certainly do not intend to make our customers feel as if they are overpaying for a device and price our devices as competitively as possible.

Thanks,

Charise

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 y مضت

Hello,

I readily admit that my problem is my own fault. I went into the store wanting to simply upgrade my flip phone. The young man told me it was being phased out quickly and that I should opt for a smart phone. Unfortunately, I went with his advice without LEAVING the AT&T store and doing some research. I can assure you, the cost of a device in an AT&T store is NOT a fair, competitive price. I was sold an outdated iPhone 4S at a time when the iPhone 6 was already out for sale. Everyone - I mean EVERYONE - I have spoken to about this groans at how naive I was. Even an AT&T employee (a relative) told me how terribly I was taken advantage of. I look forward to the eventual end of my contract so I can look for another provider. Gee thanks; you have such an upstanding company.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 y مضت

I admit that I'm not so bright, I suppose, and that this is my own fault. I went into the store wanting to simply upgrade my flip phone (laugh if you must - I'm an old guy and set in my ways). The young man told me it was being phased out and that I should opt for a smart phone. Unfortunately, I went with his advice without leaving the AT&T store and doing some research. Looking back through paperwork my wife provided, I paid $450 (on an installment plan - so I'm still feeling the pain) for an outdated iPhone 4S when the iPhone 6 was already out on the market. Just wish I could see the cover of Consumer Reports with a big, bold headline: Buyer Beware - Don't Be Stupid! with an accompanying article warning against buying anything in one of their stores. Ah well; we live and learn. Good luck.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.