For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
ETrain5050's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, February 14th, 2018 6:43 AM

Galaxy S7 Model (SM-G930A) 7.0 update Issues

i am having to many issues with galaxy s7 after the upgrade to 7.0 the update has been a thorn in my side since a few weeks after i got the phone with android 6.0. battery life has been halved speed has been halved,  just way to many issues. is there any way it is possible to ether 1 downgrade or two get this phone replaced because the 7.0 is crap for this phone. the part that made me bring this up now is my Samsung tab E got the update to 7.0 and it feels like i am using android 2.0 tablet all over again. so again is there any way to downgrade from the crap version of 7.0 that does not seem to be tested for these devices. also i would like to mention the At&t trek 2 (K88) v7.1.1 does not have issues with this version so it definitely an issue with version of 7.0 on Samsung s7 (SM-G930A) v7.0 and galaxy tab E (SM-T377A) V7.1.1

Community Support

• 

231.5K Messages

6 years ago

Hello and good afternoon @ETrain5050.

Thank you for reaching out to the Community Forums!  I am sorry about the experience you are having with the Android 7.0 software update.  The update added network performance enhancements, Android device security updates, and other enhancements.

If you want to downgrade to the previous version, I recommend contacting the manufacture of the phone, Samsung Electronics, to determine options which may be available.  I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

I wish you the best, and have a great weekend.

Richard, AT&T Community Forums

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I just noticed your comment and my phone and tablet are still in warranty except for att trek 2. I have done all the following for both the samsung tab e, and galxay s7 in this order. 

1.I did some research and found out the only poasbile way to downgrade me phone or tablet is threw root and then costom rom

2. I uninstalled apps one by one to see if this fixes the issue

3. I did a factory data reset of my phone and DID NOT restore the old settings of ether device

4. Called at&t and asked them if they could replace the tablet and phone they said they will send a replacement for thr phone but NOT the tablet they do NOT wanrrnty tablets.

5. Talked to samsungs help desk. Who said all they can do is reimage the device and was told they can not downgrade the device. 

6.  Got the replacement phone.

7. Sent it back becuase it the same os.

Issues i found with galaxy s7 and tab e listed bellow.

1. I have noticed both samsung galaxy tab e, and s7  battery life has degraded

2. I noticed the phone freazes more frequently 

3.apps crash more often after upgrade

4. Phone seems to over heat more often

5.Was suppose to get better battery life and performance now have the opposite 

The good about the upgrade

1. I have noticed that  Internet browsers seem to have more security and they ask are you sure you want to proceed 

2. app security is better then marshmallow

3 android nougat works great on att trek 2 but not on samsung galaxy s7 and tab e.  

All in all i would rather go back to Android marshmallow then have nouget. Sense it was more stable then nouget on galaxy tab e, and s7.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

6 years ago

@ETrain5050 wrote:

I just noticed your comment and my phone and tablet are still in warranty except for att trek 2. I have done all the following for both the samsung tab e, and galxay s7 in this order. 

1.I did some research and found out the only poasbile way to downgrade me phone or tablet is threw root and then costom rom

2. I uninstalled apps one by one to see if this fixes the issue

3. I did a factory data reset of my phone and DID NOT restore the old settings of ether device

4. Called at&t and asked them if they could replace the tablet and phone they said they will send a replacement for thr phone but NOT the tablet they do NOT wanrrnty tablets.

5. Talked to samsungs help desk. Who said all they can do is reimage the device and was told they can not downgrade the device. 

6.  Got the replacement phone.

7. Sent it back becuase it the same os.

Issues i found with galaxy s7 and tab e listed bellow.

1. I have noticed both samsung galaxy tab e, and s7  battery life has degraded

2. I noticed the phone freazes more frequently 

3.apps crash more often after upgrade

4. Phone seems to over heat more often

5.Was suppose to get better battery life and performance now have the opposite 

The good about the upgrade

1. I have noticed that  Internet browsers seem to have more security and they ask are you sure you want to proceed 

2. app security is better then marshmallow

3 android nougat works great on att trek 2 but not on samsung galaxy s7 and tab e.  

All in all i would rather go back to Android marshmallow then have nouget. Sense it was more stable then nouget on galaxy tab e, and s7.

you should have tried the warranty replacement since it had a FRESH copy of the os on it....  You cant downgrade period...  The tab e is a budget tablet it going slow is no surprise.  The s7 going slow is another thing...  I have 2 s7 series phones in the house and they run nougat like a top.

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

6 years ago

Factory reset the S7 from Android Recovery and then use it. I have Android 7 on my S7 and zero issues whatsoever.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.