Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Bambigalo's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Dec 8, 2014 3:24 PM

Galaxy s5 or iPhone 6

I'm considering upgrading to Galaxy s5, currently have iphone 5. I have read the reviews and am leaning towards the change. Anyone been there and done that? Do they still do the buy backs in iPhones?

Responses

bizhui

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

6 y ago

Here is what I think. You will have to think about what's best for yourself. Both phone are good phones. iPhone has user friendly interface with the best keyboard you can ever have. The down side of iPhone is that, everything has to go through iTune, and with this part, I don't like it, so I didn't go with iPhone. Galaxy phone, runs on android platform, might not be as friendly interface as iPhone, but that depends on how you can adapt to the change. Also, you can easily transfer data between phone and computer by simply plug in your usb cable and do copy and paste, and you are set to go. For this reason, I decided to go for the galaxy phone.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 y ago

That's what I'm thinking. I'm burnt out on iTunes. It's a short leash. I like the simplicity of the iPhone but at the same time I think I'm ready for a change. Thanks for the info. Does anyone know if att still does the iPhone buyback??

Graham
bizhui

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

6 y ago

I did the research, and it seems like att is still offering the trade in.

Here is the website

https://tradein-program.att.com/home.php5?c=en-us

One thing to keep in mind when doing trade in or buy back, always do it in the store, and make sure the promotion gift card they give you has money in there. The promotional card can be use as a payment on your account. If any employees in the store tell you otherwise, or something like, oh you can only use it to buy accessories, that's not true. So be aware. Hope this helps. 

bizhui

Scholar

• 

457 Messages

6 y ago

Also, don't think about doing the trade in through the mail because I have seen a lot of people with a lot of problem with the trade in through mail. One of the most important aspect is that, when you trade in the phone in the store, you get the money right away on a promotional card, and you can use that card right away. However, if you mail it back, and if there's any discrepancy, like they claim that the phone is not in good condition when you know as a fact that the phone is good condition, there's really no way for you to solve the problem but to take what they tell you. So, I strongly recommend you do that. When ou do it in person, once they take it in, the responsibility is on the employee that who took the who in, if they later claim that there's a problem with the phone. 

Get started...

Ask a new question