Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
N

• 

1 Message

Wed, Nov 18, 2020 12:26 AM

Early upgrade while in BOGO promo--the 2nd line will switch to my phone once I activate the new phone

Some backstory: My husband didn't take care of his phone (cracked it) and you can only see 1/3rd of his phone screen. It needs to be replaced. Mine is in excellent condition. 

We signed up with  att on a BOGO promo and have 3 months left on the installment plan. The plan is that I'll upgrade my line (the buy one line) by paying off the remaining balance and he'll switch his phone line (the get one line) to my current phone. I'd like to know if we'll continue to get the credits on his line? Will having his phone line switched to my phone affect the credits?

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

45.9K Messages

2 months ago

You will still get the credits provided paying off the buy one phone does not cause you to lose the BOGO credits. There is no requirement to actually use the BOGO phone but there were some BOGO promotions that required both lines to stay on installment plans the entire time. You need to ensure your particular promotion was not one of them.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question