AT&T Holiday Deals & Gifts - Don't miss these holiday deals on the latest devices!
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
janethlara's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Mon, Oct 26, 2015 8:50 PM

Does my service cut off after my contract ends?

Hi, my 2 year contract will be ending on the 11th of November, and I was wondering if I will still be able to use my phone or is it going to stop working after the contract ends?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

kdfederer

ACE - Expert

• 

12.7K Messages

7 years ago

After your contract ends, you go month to month, they do not close your account just because you are out of contract.

If you are on the Mobile Share data plan, you will get an out of contract discount.

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

7 years ago

@janethlara wrote:
Hi, my 2 year contract will be ending on the 11th of November, and I was wondering if I will still be able to use my phone or is it going to stop working after the contract ends?

When your contract ends, your service continues on a month-to-month basis, until you cancel it, or sign a new service contract.  If you are on a MSVP (Mobile Share Value Plan) you should automatically start getting the "out of contract discount" on your bill, but if you have a grandfathered Family Talk plan, you shouldn't see any changes in your monthly bill.

Tigereyze209

Professor

• 

3.9K Messages

7 years ago

According to news sources, ATT is planning on doing away with two year contract commitments anyway. don't have the articles or the details handy, but the plans are to phase commitments out completely.  (not a clue what will take it's place.)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.