Trade In and Get Rewarded!
Ehassthe's profile

3 Messages

Sunday, January 28th, 2024 11:06 AM

Device unlock request pending for over 5 days

I submitted a device unlock request for my iPhone 12 mini over 5 days ago on Jan 22nd however when I use the AT&T portal to check the status of my unlock request it is still pending. I am certain I meet all the eligibility requirements (confirmed with an in store rep when paying off the phone in full before submitting the request) so I don’t understand why it is taking so long. The request should take “up to 2 business days” per the website… or am I mistaken? 

Accepted Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

3 months ago

Did you verify your email within 24 hours of your request? If you never received the verification email, your request eventually will time out and you can start another one.

You can also check to see if your phone is already unlocked in settings, about phone, SIM status it may say AT&T which means it's still locked, or "No sim restrictions" which means it is unlocked.

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

3 months ago

If you were using Gmail, use another email service. Gmail identifies computer generated email as SPAM and automatically deletes them prior to reaching you. 

3 Messages

3 months ago

Thank you for your replies @formerlyknownas  and @Fl_retire 

I do use Gmail however received a verification email from AT&T after submitting my request letting me know they were working on it. AT&T is still listed as my carrier in settings and the request is still pending… is there something I am missing? 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.