Learn how you can get the iPhone 13 now!
J

• 

4 Messages

Tue, Jan 19, 2021 9:33 PM

DESPERATE FOR HELP

Can anyone help? I opted to do the trade-in program for the new Iphone 12 pro where I can "trade in" my iphone X and recieve up to $800 off the new 12pro. I received the new phone in the mail on Dec 14th. There were no instructions on how to send back my old phone but the box had a return label on it- so I assumed I just put my old phone in the box and return it using the return label provided. So that is what I did. On Dec 24th (10 days later) I received any email from att stating that I should be on the look out for a "trade-in kit" in the mail with instructions on how to turn in the old phone. 10 DAYS LATER. I had absolutely no idea there were specific instructions that were going to be given on how to turn in the old phone. So now my old iphone trade in is lost somewhere in the returns department. I've called att twice and provided them with the tracking (thank god I had the #) and they say that they cannot locate the phone and basically have done nothing to try and help - all they say is that they haven't received the phone. So now I am being charged the FULL PRICE OF THE IPHONE 12 PRO ($999) AND I DON'T EVEN HAVE MY OLD IPHONE X ANYMORE. I AM ESSENTIALLY OUT DOUBLE THE MONEY. This is all because of AT&Ts poor communication. The worst part is that they refuse to be of any help. They won't even try to locate my old phone- or give me information to the returns department so that I can try myself- all they say is they're not allowed to give me that phone #. They cant contact them on my behalf either because  they're "not authorized". Has anyone else had this happen or have any sort of idea what I could do to try and rectify THEIR mistake? thanks.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

89.1K Messages

9 m ago

Duplicate post

Need help?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.