Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Apr 1, 2020 3:10 AM

Curbside pickup and inaccurate information provided via email and the website

Today I upgraded my phone because it's become unreliable and in my small rural community I have many elderly neighbors that have my number to reach out and I was concerned it would malfunction. I did it online and due to all that's going on, I understood it might be a bit to get to me so I selected to pick it up curbside so I could be a reliable contact via phone to those in need. I had to drive 55 minutes into the Mesquite, Texas store which was fine, I was prepared to do that. I got an email saying my order was ready and to click on the link to check store hours to make sure I was looking at current hours since there are changes with Covid-19. The link indicated the store would be open until 9pm as did the ordering process when it offered this option but with a statement to check the hours. I was surprised that the store would be open that late, but I was going by the direction and information given. My order was ready at 5:25 and I was able to leave at 6:00 pm and got there at 7:00 pm. There was no one there and hours on the door posted 10:00 am to 6:00 pm. As you can imagine I was highly irritated - had the correct information been provided I would not have wasted the time or the cost of gas to go there. I tried calling the wireless customer service and after 1.5 hours on hold with no message about possible hold time, I hung up. Now I have to make the same trip tomorrow so that I can be a reliable contact for my elderly neighbors. As an AT&T customer for over 30 years, I need you to be a reliable neighbor as well. I realize these are difficult times but having the correct information is vital during these times and simple updates should be checked and double checked.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.5K Messages

2 months ago

Per AT&T's Covid 19 info (bright orange box), Stores will continue operating with reduced hours from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. local time and all stores will be closed on Sundays.

What is the address of the store you went to?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

Update: I returned the next day and spoke with the Manager and another Representative, both very professional and helpful. The store hours for the location mentioned in my original post are the store hours for the location. Not all stores are open 11:00 to 7:00; management says it can vary by geographic location and they have now updated all the information so it's consistent with their emails and store locators.