Everyone gets our best deals on every smartphone - Black Friday gift deals are still here!
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
John_P's profile
John_P
Rising Star
Complete Onboarding
Supersonic 25!

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

Thu, Feb 9, 2017 9:19 PM

Can I trade in my phone to upgrade on AT&T Next?

Hi, I bought an iPhone 6S Plus in December of 2015 on AT&T Next 18 which means I'm paying it off for 24 months. I was wondering if I could trade in my iPhone 6S Plus to upgrade in September to get the new iPhone when it comes out. I would be 4 months away from paying off the phone and past the 18 months that I had to keep the phone before I could trade it in.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

60.8K Messages

6 years ago

Yes, you can trade it in but the only credit you get is the remaining Next payments you won't have to make. You are much better off paying off the phone, get it unlocked and sell it yourself.

Gary L

ACE - Expert

• 

16.1K Messages

6 years ago

@John_P I agree, if you only owe 4 more payments, it means you're selling it to AT&T for $108.36, that's a bargin. Less if you don't get up and order it the first day at 3am (as it might take another month to get it).

Sell it somewhere else, like Gazelle, they offer a fixed price, or eBay for ever a few dollars more.

John_P

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

6 years ago

That's what I plan on doing. I'm probably going to sell it before the pre order date so I can wake up at 3 am to get the iPhone first.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.