Trade In and Get Rewarded!
mmrhone's profile

• 

3 Messages

Friday, October 27th, 2023 9:42 PM

bought iphone 15 pro max from best buy using trade in deal, now best buy doesnt say i selected trade in...

To continue the header, i purchased the iphone 15 pro max & picked it up from my local best buy store 15 days ago. I did in-store pickup, so in the midst of the order i placed, i selected YES to a trade in & then put in my iPhone 11 i planned to trade in. Best buy's website asked me all the questions that AT&T asks when trading in a phone, whats the condition, does it work, do the buttons work, etc. so I was sure everything went alright. I then went to submit my trade in the other day, but was wondering where my box from AT&T was so iw ent to Best Buy, who said the trade in is handled with AT&T, but even better, they had no record of me making the trade in.

FOR THE RECORD, when i purchased the phone & made the order, AT&T was offering $830 for the tier B trade ins, which in the last couple days I noticed they knocked down to $700. To make matters worse, to be in the tier B phones, the phones trade in value must be $130 or grester it is I believe adn in the last couple days the iPhone 11 value dropped $5, right below tier B.

SO NOW, according to AT&T's website, my $830 promotional value trade in is now worth $350 for the promotional value, all because best buy is a bunch of (Edited per community guidelines) & cant get their orders right. How do i get this fixed? i am NOT spending an extra $500 on my new iphone, ill go to verizon at that point & take my loyal 25 years of customer support with me. THIS IS (Edited per community guidelines).

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

6 months ago

Take your purchase documents to an AT&T corporate store, not an authorized retailer, and they look alike please read the storefront to see if it says authorized retailer or not.

They can probably assist you to do a trade in at a store. Make sure you get a receipt for your phone when you hand it in.  Without a receipt there is zero proof you made a trade in

ACE - Master

• 

10.4K Messages

6 months ago

I don’t think that Best Buy actually accepts trades on behalf of AT&T.  You always have to either send the trade in to AT&T, using the AT&T provided shipping label, or turn in the trade to an AT&T corporate store.  Not sure what Best Buy was actually supposed to do with regards to notifying AT&T that you were doing a trade, but it sound like either BB screwed up, or there was a misunderstanding on what BB was actually going to do.  Not sure what AT&T is expected to do if BB screwed up.

• 

3 Messages

6 months ago

If Best Buy doesn’t do the trade ins on behalf of AT&T or any other carrier, then why do places like Best Buy advertise carrier deals at all? If they aren’t going to notify AT&T of the incoming trade in, or handle the trade in themselves, then they shouldn’t be advertising the carrier trade in deals at all. Sounds like a big fat false advertising which I know is quite illegal in thus country 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

6 months ago

@mmrhone 

So despite the fact that you can take part in the trade-in deal even though you purchase your phone through Apple, Samsung, Best buy, Target, Walmart, Costco, etc... They shouldn't advertise the deal which is valid?

The purchase can be made at any one of those places.  The installments will be on your AT&T bill because you're paying AT&T for the phone monthly.  

The trade-in has to be done at an AT&T store.   Because AT&T is the one who's going to give you bill credits against the phone that you bought at Best buy, but are paying AT&T installments every month.

How does this not compute?

• 

3 Messages

6 months ago

@formerlyknownas All that makes perfect sense, but what I am worried about, is AT&T changed the trade-in promotion going on to the one that is currently going on, & despite when I placed the order on Best Buy's website forcing me to put it ALL of the trade in information that was going to take place, there's no record of it in the order details or order confirmation. So what im worried about is showing up to AT&T with my iPhone 11 in-hand & them trying to tell me that I'm going to get $350 for my trade-in, rather than $830 that was advertised & promised when I actually made the purchase-- even $130 is a big difference (aka $830 down to $700, but were talking $20 shy of $500. That's a BIG Fu***** difference in trade-in values. & it just seems to me, that if best buy (& other retailers alike) is able to hand out iPhones on behalf of AT&T & have that automatically get billed to my AT&T account without ever speaking to anyone at AT&T, then it seems to me that it wouldn't be any harder for them to make the trade in details I submitted get automatically sent to my at&t account as well & quite frankly it's just another one of those shady tactics AT&T is doing to try to come up on extra money. I do this same trade in at least every 2 years, sometimes every year (I use my parents upgrades sometimes too) & I know how it looks on your account had I bought the phone directly from at&t-- id have had a box a week or 2 ago at my doorstep for the trade in, plus there would be a red notification at the top everytime I logged in to my account saying "don't forget to trade your phone in" & it would say the deal I am getting. I just know for a fact that if AT&T wanted to they would have processed the purchase I just made at Best Buy as far as the trade in goes, the exact same way they would have had I made the purchase at AT&T themselves. & I just don't want to deal with them trying to screw me & feel like I know it's coming, but I am about to try what you said                                                                                                                                                                            

ACE - Sage

• 

116.9K Messages

6 months ago

Promotions are based on the date of purchase. You have a receipt right?  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.