Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
capfleish18's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Sep 25, 2019 6:11 PM

Beware: iPhone 11 Pro Shipped as Empty Box

Ordered an iPhone 11 Pro on launch day and it shipped on 9/20. It supposedly arrived 9/21 — but when I opened the box, nothing was inside. Literally an empty box with a bill for the new phone. The FedEx receipt said the box was 2 pounds. It was clearly not. Maybe someone at AT&T is stealing new iPhones and slapping the right labels on anyway.

Customer service was awful after that. To cancel the order I was told to submit a claim to my bank. That or wait up to two weeks for a reorder. The "expedited" process to just stop the order takes at least three days. Throughout the process, even when I spoke with the customer loyalty department, AT&T refused to take responsibility for sending me an empty box. A much better — and more modern — company would figure out a way to let me pick up a new phone and trade in my current device at the hundreds of AT&T or Apple stores in NYC. Or simply express-deliver a new one.

I now have to wait several days for my account to refresh before I can even pay off the contract on AT&T Next. 

I've been a customer for 15 years. Why would AT&T treat its longtime customers this way when we have so many other options? Why are its systems still so sluggish and user-unfriendly?

When I ordered my previous phone two years ago, AT&T shipped it with the wrong account holder's name on the address. It was delivered to my apartment when I wasn't home, but then I was unable to pick it up at FedEx because it had the wrong name. The cheery AT&T chat drones kept feeding me the wrong information about when and how I could pick it up from FedEx. Finally, after I threatened to leave, the company comped me a cab ride.

Anyway, this is all to say: Do not order a new device on AT&T. Use Apple instead. Apple's trade-in and financing plan is far more seamless. 

Constructive

Employee

• 

28.7K Messages

3年前

@capfleish18   an iphone does not weigh 2 pounds, was the box sealed with the shrink wrap?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

3年前

That's just what the FedEx receipt says. There was no shrink wrap but the box was taped shut.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.