For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Trade In and Get Rewarded!
E

• 

1 Message

Monday, January 11th, 2021 1:26 AM

Bait and switch shell game

At&t offers to customers a 250 gift card if they add a line or open account by bringing in their own phone n their phone number and they do it online. Well I have tried to port in 3 lines with little success. When i tried port in a straight talk number they cancelled the order each time after 3rd time i called, the email claimed they couldn't confirm it was really me so i should go to store. I refused to risk my health and die at 81 all because of a sim card so i got at&t to agree to confirm it was me over the phone. I thought however since the order was attempted online and it was through no fault of mine over why I couldn't order online I would still get my 250 gift card after 45 days but now I am starting to wonder if that is actually going to happen. My reason for suspicion is I tried to order the BYOP sim kit and port in 2 Net10 phone numbers but both orders were again canceled claiming they couldn't verify it was really me so I called to get a manager to reinstate the 2 online orders because if I ordered over phone i would be charged activation. I was then informed by the manager that the 2 numbers couldn't be ported because they are at&t numbers i told him he was misinformed i bought Net10 sim universal sim kits that came with one each for Verizon, t-mobile, and at&t . it design to ensure that as long as phone came from one of those carriers you were in luck. they cost me a dollar for each number. I then bought air time thru Net10 and settings were installed to work under Net10 there is no question of the numbers origin they are Net10 numbers. He still swore it was att n unport-able and asked if i would go with new numbers i said fine go ahead but only if i get my 500 worth of visa gift cards. He informed i would lose them because i didn't do the order online. 

That is where i hit the brakes and threatened legal action it cannot be legal or ethical for a company to say here if you follow these steps online  you get 250 bucks but then same said company puts in protocol that make completely and thoroughly impossible for a consumer to do all that online. I mean Helen Keller stood a better chance of racing car in the Indy 500 if she were around today. No matter what way i order online the automated system cancels the order.

So correct me if i am wrong att makes up this deal that says you get 250 bucks in visa gift card as long as  you order online bring your own phone and bring in your own number and continually use said device for 45 days. But then THEN they throw a wrench into the engine. This wrench destroys the whole system because it forbids a person from successfully placing an order online by canceling every order placed and then insisting you do it over the hone or in person which breaks the rule of online only. /but that wasn't enough of a roadblock for this manager i spoke to he had to throw in saying my numbers are att n therefore can not be ported in despite my evidence to the contrary n despite the website giving me an all systems go for same numbers. The manager then pours salt into wound by refusing to make a one time courtesy decision to override the restriction n let me get the money. If that isn't bait and switch than what is?

Bait and switch was described to  me to be if a company advertises this amazing product lets say dishwasher at this HUGE too good to be true price but when ever a customer comes in to take advantage of this great sale for some unknown mysterious reason that washer is always out oif stock but the salesman talks customers into taking a lower quality washer with some pathetic discount like 25 bucks off. The reason the sale one was always out of stock was because the company had no intention of selling it that low they just wanted to lure peole in te store n then pounce on poor consumer until he finally cries uncle n buys the expensive washer. That practice is absolutely illegal and from where i am sitting there is really no difference to that with how att is doing me and god knows how many bunches of other victims are out there.

I didn't realize just how horrible at&t was with my daughter in law until after i signed up. I think I will join up with her in filing complaints with FCC the FTC the BBB and anywhere else we can think of because i refuse to have 880 bucks stolen from me and I thank them for it

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

3 years ago

i refuse to have 880 bucks stolen from me

In order to have something stolen from you, it has to be yours in the first place. 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

And an AT&T employee swoops in to drop empathy and wisdom. Love it, stay classy AT&T employees.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I’ve already referred to as some instances and chatted with numerous people. I sent the phone with the incorrect label of direction, but I had been instructed multiple times that it’s been acquired guide here.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.